User Avatar Image

The Next Chapter of TMI???

posted by Mardagan on - last edited - Viewed by 560 users

Can we get any hints about the possible goings on for the next installment of TMI???

The Rise of the Pirate God couldn't have been the end all say all.

Mardagan

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @OzzieMonkey said: I don't really get the relation between a videogame and food, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

You're a consumer! *whips* You're not allowed to think!

• @GuruGuru214 said: [QUOTE=OzzieMonkey;266490]I don't really get the relation between a videogame and food, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

There's no relation, we're just a hungry bunch of fans around here.[/QUOTE]

Scratch that, I just ate, now I'm stuffed.

• @avistew said: Oh, then miso and tahini won't do. All these cheeses you named are much too mild, I'd need to use something like tofu or rice. Or almonds. That would work nicely with almonds.

(Also, I realised cheese cakes (of strong cheeses) already exist, they're just called quiche or soufflé)

Ugh... Cheesecake made from tofu, and sprinkled with almonds? Blech.

...ugh, okay I need something to clear my mind of tofu cheesecake.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake @ Allrecipes.com

87581.jpg

Ingredients

* 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
    * 3 tablespoons white sugar
    * 1/4 cup butter, melted
    * 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
    * 2 tablespoons white sugar
    * 2 teaspoons cornstarch
    * 1/2 cup water
    * 2 cups white chocolate chips
    * 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
    * 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
    * 1/2 cup white sugar
    * 3 eggs
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

YUM. (Okay, I feel better now.)

• Augh, now I want to try that. My next one's going to be strawberry, though. I already bought the cream cheese, so it's going to have to be soon, too.

• @Chyron8472 said: Ugh... Cheesecake made from tofu, and sprinkled with almonds? Blech.

Lol no, made from tofu OR rice OR almonds (in short, something mild and milk-like), and in the end I decided almonds would work the best.

• I am a firm believer that Telltale has just started to hit their Stride with the TMI series and could very well bring the series to a level that we couldn't believe!

I am an optimist in this regard and to be honest. The fact that we are all here 10+ years later from EMI should tell us all that we can always have more Monkey Island love!

Mardagan

• @GuruGuru214 said: Well, I can agree with that. I'm living in denial that Scrubs has more than 8 seasons. But like you said, that's because in my eyes, it was finished at the end of season 8. The last episode of the season was even called "My Finale". That's where it should've ended, and to me that's where it did end.

And unlike Scrubs, Monkey Island absolutely does not feel finished, as long as Telltale manages to come up with a worthwhile idea for a game.

And if LucasArts should ever follow the example Scrubs set and make a Monkey Island game that's entirely about Pegnose Pete or something and sucks out of control, I'll treat it the same way I treat Scrubs: I'll pretend Tales was the last game in the series and won't go anywhere near The Adventures of Pegnose Pete.

If anything should I thought The Simpsons has overstayed it's run more than Scrubs. Season 9 of scrubs isn't as good but I don't mind watching it right now, I just consider J.D's chapter done.

{SPOILER}

The way Tales ended it just didn't feel complete and left me with questions. Like what the heck is going to happen to Morgan? Is she going to hold a grudge against Guybrush or Elaine? What's going to happen to LeChuck-In-A_Bottle? What is the Voodoo lady now? Good, Evil, Neutral?

I know it can be a mystery, but it'd be neat to be explained in another game.

• @OzzieMonkey said: Is it just me or do all these discussions about there being a remake and/or sequel to MI end up leading to comparisons with food? I don't really get the relation between a videogame and food, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

If you haven't played MI with pistachios and beer - you haven't lived.

• @Uzrname said: If you haven't played MI with pistachios and beer - you haven't lived.

You mean, at the age of 7 or so?
    I am not sure my parents would have allowed that... :p

• @Hassat Hunter said: You mean, at the age of 7 or so?
    I am not sure my parents would have allowed that... :p

Oh, I'm really sorry for your childhood. Would you like a tap on the shoulder?

Add Comment