User Avatar Image

Flaw in story telling?

posted by ReiKo on - last edited - Viewed by 171 users

Spoiler alert.

Well, it's not much big of a deal but in last TOMI where Guybrush is ghost - he can't pick up anything like cutlass (sword) and etc. but how did he (before coming to Le Chuck's ship) pick up items like anchor and etc.

Flaw in the story?

Thanks.

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: Here, we have two ghosts in the canon(LeChuck and Guybrush). One can interact with the world(punching Guybrush across the map), and another can't. As far as a single episode goes, there's the issue of internal consistency: If Guybrush as a ghost can't interact with physical objects, then he shouldn't make a splash in the water, because he's in the world without really inhabiting space or having actual mass.

I don't know why Guybrush and LeChuck are different in their ghost form other than shh. Maybe ghost Morgan will be able to interact with objects now that she's made some sort of deal with the Voodoo Lady? I just made that up, but that's probably what it is. And yeah ghost Guybrush shouldn't have made a splash.

• @Giant Tope said: ... How does that make sense?

I don't think even he knows, mostly I suspect that Guybrush's spirit was manipulated by Voodoo, as was his poxed hand.

• @splash1 said: I don't think even he knows, mostly I suspect that Guybrush's spirit was manipulated by Voodoo, as was his poxed hand.

I know what I mean, its jsut hard to explain. I think that if you get buried when you die , that maybe you retain your injuries or illnesses in the crossroads, and if you're not buried, you get a new body. Either that, or its some sort of thing to do with unfinished business that they put into the game.

• @Jake said: I don't know why Guybrush and LeChuck are different in their ghost form other than shh. Maybe ghost Morgan will be able to interact with objects now that she's made some sort of deal with the Voodoo Lady? I just made that up, but that's probably what it is. And yeah ghost Guybrush shouldn't have made a splash.

Better get moving and get that splash removed from the DVD. :p

• @Jake said: And yeah ghost Guybrush shouldn't have made a splash.

Tales is forever ruined

I want a refund

• :eek: Please say this isn't happening... I brought up the splash thing to show how little the flaws matter...

• Calm down doodinthemood, PariahKing just forgot the [/sarcasm] at the end.

• the thing that ruined the monkey island series 4 me was in The secret of monkey island when you look at Guybrush's shirt when you are playing there are blue threads in it However in the close-ups art works they are read and brown!!! I couldnt take it seriously since.

Add Comment