User Avatar Image

Sam and Max 2010...

posted by Eduardo on - last edited - Viewed by 8.1K users

Well, when you finish Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God, after the credits and all that, you get a web address that shows you an interesting pic, six pieces of concept art and a weird audio...

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax2010

746 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Some noir Jazz stylings would be awesome!

• If the music in the new game is as awesome as Twilight Eternal, then I'm happy. If my game had to freeze for minutes at a time, I'm glad it always happened in the sewers. It was because of the autosave, but I have a better computer now. I even made a video with that music as the background.

Please Hold is excellent as well.

• @GinnyN said:
    There's some Wallace and Gromit music which is pretty good, so, while I can hum the song, I'm ussually fine with it.

Very few, for me. There were two memorable tunes in FotB, one in TLR (OK - one and its 5 variants), and zero in the other two games. The stuff Jared written for W&G are good as background music, but after the 11 Sam&Max games, I had much higher expectations. So, Season 3 FTW!!!! :)

• @Pantagruel's Friend said: Very few, for me. There were two memorable tunes in FotB, one in TLR (OK - one and its 5 variants), and zero in the other two games. The stuff Jared written for W&G are good as background music, but after the 11 Sam&Max games, I had much higher expectations. So, Season 3 FTW!!!! :)

I know. But those few are really good anyway (There's Skychase too (The one of the last puzzle in Muzzled!). AND Shooting Gallery, but I like the last one because it's make me giggle).

Is the one of TLR Water Rescue and Mystery by any chance?

I was hoping some day, Telltale release some sort of compilation disc with the best tunes of their games.

• Well, a big random musical number would seem a tad out of place in calm britain.

• @StLouisRibs said: Well, a big random musical number would seem a tad out of place in calm britain.

No not particulary....or at least I don't think so...maybe...what?

• @StLouisRibs said: Well, a big random musical number would seem a tad out of place in calm britain.

I don't think it's that out of place once in a while.

• @GinnyN said: I know. But those few are really good anyway (There's Skychase too (The one of the last puzzle in Muzzled!). AND Shooting Gallery, but I like the last one because it's make me giggle).

Yep, the two in FotB are really excellent. Sky Chase is OK, but didn't really stand out for me.

@GinnyN said:
    Is the one of TLR Water Rescue and Mystery by any chance?

Accidentally, yes :)

@GinnyN said: Well, a big random musical number would seem a tad out of place in calm britain.

Check out the music in the shorts and the movie, they all have excellent scores. Also Chicken Run ;)

• @Pantagruel's Friend said: Yep, the two in FotB are really excellent. Sky Chase is OK, but didn't really stand out for me.

Accidentally, yes :)

Check out the music in the shorts and the movie, they all have excellent scores. Also Chicken Run ;)

I meant them bursting into song totally randomly, a la The War Song. Doesn't really go with the theme well.

• I want sparkling grape juice.

Add Comment