User Avatar Image

MacHeist: Unlock doesn't work!

posted by zogash on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I've purchased game from Macheist bundle few days ago. After I've registered on telltale, downloaded and installed game, it gave me "telltale login" in order to unlock the game. BUT THE LOGIN FORM IS NOT WORKING! When I type correct login info, it gives me "Sorry, we ran into problems" error with error code "UNLOCK_EMPTY".

I've contacted support for manual unlock twice, but received no response from them either. Hope this forum will make things faster.

I just don't like the idea of waiting several days in order to unlock the game I've already paid for!

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @zogash said: I've purchased game from Macheist bundle few days ago. After I've registered on telltale, downloaded and installed game, it gave me "telltale login" in order to unlock the game. BUT THE LOGIN FORM IS NOT WORKING! When I type correct login info, it gives me "Sorry, we ran into problems" error with error code "UNLOCK_EMPTY".

I have exactly the same problem. Can't unlock, contacted support yesterday, but so far no answer. I'll be patient, but this is definitely a disappointment. Hopefully they'll fix it eventually, because at least for me Tales of Monkey Island was number one reason to buy Macheist nanobundle.

• Hi there,
    It's just little ol' me working through the many hundreds of support tickets coming in from the macheist thing. I should put a pretty good dent in the tickets today, so hopefully I'll get you up and running soon.

Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
    bonnie

• I also purchased from Macheist and I'm not able to download. I click the link on the Macheist receipt page and it takes me to your site with the code already listed but tells me the code is invalid.

• I have the exact same problem. I hope you'll fix it as soon as possible.

• Its sad that the built in unlocker seems to not work for large number of mac users and the manual process for the user is also a manual support ticket system for you guys as well.

Seems to be "defective by design" - where copy protection spends more time preventing real owners from accessing their own stuff.

Launching on Macheist with a known mac unlock problem at the same time - hmmmm
    so that is 50000 support tickets?

• Bought through MacHeist - Cannot get unlock code - If I click on Get it now for Tales of Monkey Island it walks me through a purchase system and I can't get the code.

• Could it be possible....? Nah! Couldn't be. You don't suppose MacHeist would dabble in collusion just to introduce a new game site, or 'game' at a game site, do ya? Are these two sites in cahoots?

Seems improbable, but I can't believe the old 'can't unlock your "free" game' situation is a ruse. Ya think? Else, why would it be happening to so many people?

The game sure made the MacHeist bundle a little tastier. Maybe telltale games is getting a cut of the profits?

All I know is, I WANT MY CODE, AND I WANT IT TO ENABLE THE GAME!

Here here!

• @bonnie said: Hi there,
    It's just little ol' me working through the many hundreds of support tickets coming in from the macheist thing. I should put a pretty good dent in the tickets today, so hopefully I'll get you up and running soon.

Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
    bonnie

C'mon, Bonnie---You KNOW that the large majority of 'tickets' are about this unlock problem. Why can't you just do a little web site work around and give us legitimate MacHeist purchasers a way to 'authorize' our download! This is not funny.

Cynthia

• @mommosan said: C'mon, Bonnie---You KNOW that the large majority of 'tickets' are about this unlock problem. Why can't you just do a little web site work around and give us legitimate MacHeist purchasers a way to 'authorize' our download! This is not funny.

Cynthia

Patience is a virtue. She already stated she is working on it, and that it is only her dealing with the tickets. Telltale is by no means a new company that needs to try and cheat people in order to gain fame. They've been around since 2004 and won plenty of awards for their games. However they aren't a large company, and I'm sure they're doing their best to take care of the huge influx (~70,000 MacHeist bundles) of orders that didn't go properly. And each one of those bundles needs a unique serial number. While I'm sure that she would love a magic wand that could solve it instantly (or one that could do a magic "little work-around") fixing problems does take time and (wo)man-power to resolve. Just her acknowledging the problem promptly & publicly and giving a quick update is much more than most huge corporate companies would do. Heck, I'm still waiting for a resolution for an issue from a major big-box retailer that has been open for 5 weeks now, with weeks inbetween contacts. I'd love for them to give me an update on the issue as quickly as Bonnie did.

• Patience IS a virtue. No one knows this as much as me. Thanks for the props jtkauff, appreciate it. I really wish I had that magic wand right now.

We think we have found the issue, at least for many of you. Please try the following:

1. Go to your original confirmation email from Telltale Games (not MacHeist) to see the email address (and password) you used when you opened/registered your account with us (that is, when you redeemed the code to get the game). Make a note of this information.

2. Launch the game. When prompted, log in with the email/password that was in the confirmation email from Telltale.

3. If by chance the first attempt does not work, please try one more time.

We think this will solve the issue, and we would love it if you would repost with your result (if it worked or not).

Thanks so much for your help!

xoxo,
    bonnie

Add Comment