User Avatar Image

17$ shipping for Europe is crazy

posted by viper1701 on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

Hi Telltale,

I'm an old customer who bought almost every single game since you started...

However I must say I'm very disappointed with the shipping cost for one freaking DVD sent to Europe (France in my case)

17$ for one DVD ? really ?

For comparison Amazon is charging 6$ for a dvd and very little more if you add one or two more.

I mean USPS is not even that good, it took weeks to receive Wallace & Gromit.

I'm sure there are less expensive shipping method, specially for telltale customers who receive this DVD as a "gift" and who probably don't mind waiting for a few weeks to receive their games (considering they can always download the digital version).

I hope you will be able to change this because this 17$ fee is really transforming the gift into a curse...

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's coming up as $18 for Canada...

• You know, you can get postage free if you spend more than 50 dollars at the telltale store (S&M Devil's Playhouse included).

• Yeah, if I add an extra $50 worth of stuff to my order....

• @OzzieMonkey said: You know, you can get postage free if you spend more than 50 dollars at the telltale store (S&M Devil's Playhouse included).

Will that free shipping also cover Europe then?

• Is that an error in the system? I have ordered from the Store so many times, and there was always a shipping option (to Germany) for less than $10.

• @Laserschwert said: Is that an error in the system? I have ordered from the Store so many times, and there was always a shipping option (to Germany) for less than $10.

This is just for promotion of the Tales of Monkey Island DVD and Sam and Max:The Devil's Playhouse.

• I've always been under the impression that TellTale was on the gamer's side - near as I can tell, this increase in shipping is a scam - shall we say "incentive" - to get us to pony up for $50 worth of swag.

For the Sam & Max games I believe they had regular US Post ground shipping to Canada, and that came to something like $7. Forcing us to pay $18 for a "free" copy of something we've already purchased is not cool. I live in Canada and don't see why I should have to pay such an exorbant shipping price, especially when we got by perfectly well without it twice before.

Telltale, legitimately upset customers here, can we get a response please?

(Appologies for the re-post in other threads, but I really want to get my pre-purchased "free" copy of this game and don't want to pay twenty bucks for it. You can understand that, right?)

• shipping prices have gone up yes, but not because of Telltale but because of the people they use for shipping (USPS I believe). They are well aware of the problem for international customers which is why they're trying stuff like this free shipping for orders of $50. They've even made it very easy to get to that total by just allowing you to get the TOMI Deluxe DVD package & pre-order the new season of Sam & Max - two things that most people on these forums want. Obviously not everyone wants them or can afford them but at least they are trying.

• @corruptbiggins said: Obviously not everyone wants them or can afford them but at least they are trying.

I'm sorry, but making shipping free if you spend 50$ is not trying anything except to make you buy more stuff

Since TellTale exist I bought
    Bones
    Sam'n Max (all 3 seasons)
    Wallace & Gromit
    Monkey Island
    + some merchandising stuffs.

So excuse me if I don't want to spend 50 more dollars to deserve an honest price on shipping.

Also you're saying it's not their fault, it's USPS'. Well they always can change can't they ?

I am actually quite used to online shopping, ordering a lot in the US and in ASIA and believe me, 17$ for a DVD is unique. Even private seller on eBay would not ask as much.

• @viper1701 said:
    Also you're saying it's not their fault, it's USPS'. Well they always can change can't they ?

I wonder if it's that easy, changing their distributor at one spesific moment. Agreements are done and stuff.

And by the way, I've read about others' complaints a while ago and I've seen that Telltale staff theirselves DO KNOW about this "problem".

It's a very rude and an unfair attitude, trying to make Telltale look bad by even saying 'they can change their distributor so it's their fault!'. Heck, they don't even get any dime from the shipping money. And Telltale would really like having a easy solution to that problem. I believe it's not as easy as you think.

Add Comment