User Avatar Image

Welcome!

posted by David E on - last edited - Viewed by 5.7K users

Thanks for ordering Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, and welcome to the private pre-orderers discussion forum!

This is the exclusive location to chat with the team behind the latest Sam & Max season, and amass all kinds of secret knowledge related to the upcoming games, so that you can lord it over your less-informed friends. Join us!

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So yeah. A private forum.

How exclusive-y.

• Again, you found out how to get bit more money from me...

I had a look at the screenshots and it seems you found out someone a bit more sexy than Bosco. ;o)

The graphics seems realy nice.

• [quote]EDIT: About that newspaper on the teaser page, you can sort of read the article. You can see that there is something actually written there - it's not gibberish - but it's too small to really make out. Anyone with photoshop who wants to enhance that picture?[/quote]

penalzone123.jpg

There you go

• Thanks, but I actually didn't mean the movie poster. There's a newspaper you can click on on the sidewalk on the Sam & Max-page with some funny headlines, an awesome piece of art and a (as of yet) unreadable article. Unless someone manages to enhance that picture of course.

Still, thanks for going through the trouble of enlarging that picture!

• yeah figured that out lol. mm dunno if thats possible its really blurry

• @Tjibbbe said: Thanks, but I actually didn't mean the movie poster. There's a newspaper you can click on on the sidewalk on the Sam & Max-page with some funny headlines, an awesome piece of art and a (as of yet) unreadable article. Unless someone manages to enhance that picture of course.

Still, thanks for going through the trouble of enlarging that picture!

I can make out most of it, I'll transcribe what I can later, but I can't figure out the second and third lines of the first paragraph.

• @avistew said: The requirements, you mean the things that are written on the bottom right?
    According to Will, they're higher than for Monkey Island, but not by much.

For a long moment I thought you were talking about subtitles :rolleyes:
    ("written at the bottom", even "higher than")

Then I've got it and gone to the store: when I pre-ordered I haven't seen they were there specified at the bottom near the screenshots! Thanks :D

• Lol, I guess that would be confusing.
    But I said "bottom right", not "bottom, right". And the subtitles aren't on the right, right? :P

But yeah, sorry about the confusion. I didn't think to scroll all the way down either at first. It has the requirements for both PC and Mac if anyone is wondering.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Tjibbbe said: About that newspaper on the teaser page, you can sort of read the article. You can see that there is something actually written there - it's not gibberish - but it's too small to really make out. Anyone with photoshop who wants to enhance that picture?

Does anyone else read "Indiana Jones" in the 4th column?

There are several funny approaches possible.

Crowd Sourcing
    Write a clever software that segments the image into parts containing individual words and let people all over the world assign what words they think it could mean.

Image analysis
    Use a variation of the method David Naccache and Claire Whelan used to decipher blackened text passages. It should obviously be a bit easier, except for the font identification. But since some words are readable quite well it should be possible.

Just for fun: 2nd Parapraph
    Hello there, friends. I'm here today to tell you about a ... that affects ... all ... ... . I'm not talking about gwitting(?) ... ... a ... or a ... ... . I'm talking about gwitting(?) ... ....................................

So with a bit of Fantasy some people might be able to get through it.

• @DjNDB said: There are several funny approaches possible.

Asking Jake

@DjNDB said: It's "the plight of the adventure game bum" by Brendan Q Ferguson, with some Sam & Max related text at the beginning to throw people off the scent.

(I assume he means the sad plight, etc)

Add Comment