User Avatar Image

New Mac versions of Monkey are up!

posted by Kevin on - last edited - Viewed by 566 users

For all those having problems getting the game to launch, there are new Mac versions available for download. Just click on the joystick icon in the upper right corner to get to your "My Telltale" page. From there you can re-download the game to get the new version.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience!

Kevin

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We've just pushed out some new builds that are exactly the same as the previous one except that these have the proper version number.

The version number in the wrapper itself is not updating properly, but if you go to your application folder and look at the info for the .app, the newest version should be 2.0.3.21 for ToMI 101 and 2.0.3.20 for all other episodes.

• Narwhal is now launching fine on a consistent basis and the others are working just the same as opposed to the random unpredictability of before.

Thank you thank you thank you for fixing this! I can finally play the game in its entirety and I pretty much know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the week now! :D

• I bought the games and they work great! Thanks for the fix telltale.

• @Will said: We've just pushed out some new builds that are exactly the same as the previous one except that these have the proper version number.

The version number in the wrapper itself is not updating properly, but if you go to your application folder and look at the info for the .app, the newest version should be 2.0.3.21 for ToMI 101 and 2.0.3.20 for all other episodes.

I re-downloaded, and the chapters are now loading properly...
    except Chapter 3, which as of 18:00GMT today (I downloaded yet again to make sure) still crashes and is still showing an older version no., 2.0.0.20,
    and a Feb. 11 last-modification date.

• Is the Earl Boen update still going to be released as a download for PC before the DVD comes out? Or will we have to wait for the DVD?

• I just downloaded the demo for the first of the Monkey Island game. (Mac OS 10.6.2)

First off, the mouse cursor and custom green X cursor appeared simultaneously before I applied new Options.

Then, when I quit, my desktop background was pure blue.

In addition, all of my app windows were in stupid places, because the game starts at some crappy low resolution.

Please fix all this.

• Redownloaded it, but still not lucky....
    Repaired Permissions...
    Nothing
    http://drp.ly/AXK4x

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@mauko said: Redownloaded it, but still not lucky....
    Repaired Permissions...
    Nothing
    http://drp.ly/AXK4x

I rehosted that image so can be sure i can hotlink it:
    axk4xbildschirmfoto2010.png

Have you tried closing all episodes before you start one?
    Did you try rebooting?

Viele Grüße!

• I just wanted to thank you for the Mac port.

Using Crossover was not too bad although the install process had some kinks before v8.0 went out. I'll download it ASAP and report back in the other thread if I have any issue :-)

Kudos to all of you :-)

Add Comment