Menu
User Avatar Image

Telltale Doctor Who Game? (Merged Threads)

posted by Dan2593 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

How would one make a Doctor Who game?
Shooter? No
RPG? Nah
Platformer? Maybe
Top Trumps game? Really? No.
Fighter? God no
Point and Click? Yes!

So who should do it?
Rare? British, show interest in the show on twitter. But no.
Top Trumps? No. Why did they do that to begin with?
BBC? No No No No
LucasArts? Stick their name on another popular Sci Fi series? No
Telltale? Yes!
Doctor who has been practially begging for a game for years. But something so story driven is a bit difficult to put into game format. You need something that seems you are playing a tv show. A point and click could work for this. It could also help the players think. Put them in the doctors shoes as he unravels a mystery. Then an episodic content would work even better. Make it seem just like a tv series.

But what about style? How about:

799429.jpg

I hope Telltale actually consider this one day. What about you? How do you feel on these ideas? Would they work?

194 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Agreed. They were still getting into the swing of things, so some of the stuff in it was a tad immature, but there was also some good stuff there. Series 2 saw a massive improvement in this area, the whole thing was much better planned, thought through and executed, and as a result felt much more mature.

    And Children of Earth was just, as you say, simply stunning.

    COE doesn't even seem like the same programme compared to the rest of the episodes. I was really surprised by it. I miss Ianto! :(

  • I haven't seen much of Torchwood. Could someone recommend any good episodes I should see?

  • Gladly!

    From the first series, I'd recommend Ghost Machine, Out of Time and Captain Jack Harkness. From the second series, try Sleeper, To The Last Man and Adrift. And just the whole of the third 'mini' series (it's only five episodes and you can't really watch just the one).

  • @Darth Marsden said: Gladly!

    From the first series, I'd recommend Ghost Machine, Out of Time and Captain Jack Harkness. From the second series, try Sleeper, To The Last Man and Adrift. And just the whole of the third 'mini' series (it's only five episodes and you can't really watch just the one).

    I quite liked "Meat" and the last three episodes of series two aswell. In fact, the majority of S2 was excellent.

  • @Friar said: I quite liked "Meat" and the last three episodes of series two aswell. In fact, the majority of S2 was excellent.

    'tis true, that. But if you had to only watch three episodes without too much continuity, I'd say they were the best.

  • @Friar said: COE doesn't even seem like the same programme compared to the rest of the episodes. I was really surprised by it. I miss Ianto! :(

    I keep hearing that response.

    I have yet too see all of it though.

    I've heard it goes from what the heck happens next to what the heck

  • @Remolay said: I keep hearing that response.

    It's very much warrented. Ianto kicked ass in CoE, and his death is a massive shock. Waa!
    @Remolay said: I have yet too see all of it though.WHAT? Go watch it immediately!
    @Remolay said: I've heard it goes from what the heck happens next to what the heckI wouldn't say that. It takes a bit to get into, but once you're in, then you'll be gripped.

  • Well bad luck guys, it's not Telltale who's making Doctor Who games, but they are coming.

    See the last paragraph of this Dark Horizons article: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16606

  • @Molokov said: Well bad luck guys, it's not Telltale who's making Doctor Who games, but they are coming.

    See the last paragraph of this Dark Horizons article: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16606

    I'm not sure what to make of it. A few sources i've read claim it's being made by Nintendo, who usually make good games, but i don't think they've ever attempted a license. Plus, the fact that it's a wii/DS exclusive probably means it'll have too much waggle for my liking.

  • The main difficulty up until now has been coming up with a game idea that doesn't have a shooter element seeing as The Doctor blasting aliens left and right with guns is completely out of character.

    How about, and this might be a crazy idea, that you control the caracter in a story telling, but not overly action oriented gameplay, getting confronted with puzzles which you have to solve in a crazy but mostly non-violent way!
    Hahaha sorry the crazy pills they gave me are making me write stupid gameplay ideas :D

Add Comment