User Avatar Image

shipping cost ?

posted by erfrensis on - last edited - Viewed by 343 users

hi guys,
i live in italy, and preordered TOMI months ago,
now it says i can get the dvd only paying shipping fees, but
HOW MUCH DOES the SHIPPING COST?
there's no info about it, im sorry i won't make any order until i get all infos regarding costs and time expected.
the only way to get those info is (i guess) to checkout the order, thats not fair!


thank you

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just because you hit the "proceed with checkout" button doesn't mean you're immediately billed for the purchase. You see the complete bill, including shipping, before actually giving the OK.

    As for why you can't see shipping before that, the rates change depending on where you live. Before you enter your shipping address, the site has no way of knowing how much it'll cost.

  • It says as you go to checkout that the shipping costs will be calculated after you enter in the shipping address.
    This is also pretty common when ordering things from the Internet.
    This has also been discussed in a number of other threads.

  • I was just about to order my free DVD but the shipping fee stopped me from doing so...

    Guys, are your serious? Taking 18 Dollars for sending a single DVD to Germany? For real, if I knew this before I wouldn't have preordered the season :-( Now you got my money so I guess you don't care about anyway. But seriously, you can't be serious with the shipping costs

  • The high fee has also been discussed in a whole bunch of other threads =)

  • Yeah imagine my surprise when I read that shipping cost for me is ~65$...:D

    well at least I had spent this amount to buy stuff to reach free shipping promotion instead of just paying for shipping only

    Buut I'd rather the shipping cost wasnt this high :D

    anyway, I appreciate the promotion :)

  • The guide to free shipping:

    In the same order, do the following (before the end of March):

    1. Pre-order The Devil's Playhouse
    2. Get the deluxe edition of the boxed Tales of Monkey Island
    3. ???
    4. NO SHIPPING COST, AND YOU GET LOADS OF MORE STUFF!

    It would've cost me $18, but then I got the ingenius idea of pre-ordering Sam & Max as well and get the deluxe edition of Monkey Island. In the end, it adds up to $49.90, which apparently is enough for the shipping discount.

    But it feels like I'm ripping off poor TTG.

  • @Sir Pantalones said: The guide to free shipping:

    In the same order, do the following (before the end of March):

    1. Pre-order The Devil's Playhouse
    2. Get the deluxe edition of the boxed Tales of Monkey Island
    3. ???
    4. NO SHIPPING COST, AND YOU GET LOADS OF MORE STUFF!

    It would've cost me $18, but then I got the ingenius idea of pre-ordering Sam & Max as well and get the deluxe edition of Monkey Island. In the end, it adds up to $49.90, which apparently is enough for the shipping discount.

    But it feels like I'm ripping off poor TTG.

    Don't worry, you're not. Telltale don't actually make any profit from the shipping costs.

  • @haydenwce27 said: Don't worry, you're not. Telltale don't actually make any profit from the shipping costs.


    Telltale still has to pay to ship it to you, whether you pay it directly or not. =P

  • @Rather Dashing said: Telltale still has to pay to ship it to you, whether you pay it directly or not. =P

    Ah yes, of course.

Add Comment