User Avatar Image

Changes in shipping prices

posted by Otis on - last edited - Viewed by 184 users

Yesterday the shipping costs to Finland were $18 for the standard DVD. Today they`re $16,75.
Oddly, the deluxe edition shipping costs were over $35 yesterday, but today the shipping of deluxe edition is only $15.
Im quite confused now. How come the shipping costs for the deluxe edition have dropped about $20, but that its cheaper to ship the deluxe edition than just the standard DVD?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote]For shame TT, for shame![/quote]

Blame the post office, not Telltale. They've been raising their rates to compensate for the fact that fewer people send mail due to the popularity of email, and that the economy sucks. Telltale's already taking a loss by offering a DVD for free, you can't expect them to take a loss on shipping as well.

I'm about to buy a tiny gear to replace one that broke in my printer. It's about 3" large and costs three dollars. The cheapest shipping I can find for it is $11, and that's within the US, it doesn't even have to go across an ocean...

• I think that the limit is 50 euros for items that get stuck in the customs in Finland. However, I`ve heard that they necessarily dont check each and everyone of the packages, so its partially a game of luck I guess.
    Plus, if the packages are marked as "gifts" they dont get stuck in the customs, even if that 50 euros limit is exceeded. But then you might have to separate the shipping address and the billing address and inform the company that the items you bought are "gifts".

• @Otis said: Plus, if the packages are marked as "gifts" they dont get stuck in the customs, even if that 50 euros limit is exceeded. But then you might have to separate the shipping address and the billing address and inform the company that the items you bought are "gifts".

Marking the packages as gifts would make them exempt from customs and VAT etc, BUT it would be illegal and Telltale could wind up getting fined for it, so I wouldn't expect them to do it. The bottom line is that these items are merchandise, so marking them as gifts would be fraud.

And yeah, most of the time I've been charged VAT on imports, the bloody clearance fee has cost more than the VAT charge...

• @Wolfstar27 said: i guess theres no point crying over spilt milk lol...but hopefully it aint too much.

Yes, too much spilled milk could be worrying.

• @Hassat Hunter said: That sounds horrible. Never got that here in NL though, even with far over those prices. Odd.

Neither did I. Perhaps it's got something to to with the euro.

• @Jen Kollic said: Marking the packages as gifts would make them exempt from customs and VAT etc, BUT it would be illegal and Telltale could wind up getting fined for it, so I wouldn't expect them to do it. The bottom line is that these items are merchandise, so marking them as gifts would be fraud.

And yeah, most of the time I've been charged VAT on imports, the bloody clearance fee has cost more than the VAT charge...

I didnt mean that Telltale should do that. I meant that people, whose orders exceed the customs limit may want to ship the order maybe to their friends house and make everyone think its a "gift" and then go to your friends` and grab your order. This way people might be able to avoid the customs charges.

• @cmc42 said: I wish I could do it like that but three words: EU import taxes.

The minute I spend over £18 I then have to add 17.5% in import tax if it gets stopped by customs, plus a further £10.01 for parcelforce's clearence fee. :eek:

See, that's the nice thing about S&M Season 3 - it counts towards free shipping, but it isn't sent in the package, so it doesn't show up on the invoice with the disc at all...

np: Bizzy B - Slow Jam (Retrospective)

• @Jen Kollic said: And yeah, most of the time I've been charged VAT on imports, the bloody clearance fee has cost more than the VAT charge...

Ditto. I wouldn't mind paying the extra £10 or so for the import VAT. It's the darn clearance fee that parcel delivery firms charge that are a pain. Last time I imported something it cost £18 more in import VAT and Parcelforce clearance fee.

• My last couple of DVD's from TT came through valued at $1 each. That was a sneaky way to get around it i thought. Give the DVD's just a token value and put the real value on the digital download. Smart thinking TT. Ergo my order should only carry a value of $16 ($1 dvd + $15 for the deluxe extras.) when it comes through the post. Pity that idea wouldn't work for any of the other merchandise though.

• The bundle prices went down because there was a bug with bundled products that caused it to somehow double the shipping price. We added a temp fix for that (which is sure to be a huge headache when we have to sort it all out) and expect to dive back into it next week. It's good that the difference is noticeable.
    We're still looking into shipping costs and new options for our Friends-From-Another-Land.

Add Comment