User Avatar Image

Thoughts, ideas, and storyline for 2nd Season TOMI

posted by Griswald Goodsoup on - last edited - Viewed by 822 users

There seems to be a running tangent in other threads, which has devolved inevitably into arguing over continuity issues, and minor questions about who is likely to reprise as secondary characters.

This thread is for suggestions on a future TOMI season. So grab those thinking caps (not the dunce hat) and present Telltale Games with your suggestions.

101 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think that its time for all to grow up in the series. As much as I love the characters, I would have some pretty dramatic events happening in the second season and I know that I will get a lot of controversy with the following:

First of all I believe that something should happen which will evolve Guybrush into a more mature man including the beard :) I think that a kid will not be the solution but the death of Elaine in some way will evolve Guybrush in a way not conceivable. I think that Elaines' time in the series is long gone and she should dissapear. I would not recommend a divorce but a death because of some strange event like for example Voodoo Lady manipulating Morgan for example to kill Elaine so she can continue her puppeteer game with Guybrush and Guybrush suddenly realising that Voodoo Lady is the real enemy. The Voodoo ladys' actions in the episodes was clearly to manipulate to get the pox of LeChuck in her possesion for granduer things to come. I really did not like the idea of Vodoo lady being behind all things but that is something we have to accept just like we have to accept that EfMI happened :( . EfMI had some good material but that ending should never have happened. In any case, Elaine ends up dead at the begining of the episodes so Guybrush starts a hunt to search for revenge. In the process he recall the power of Big Whoop which will be finally explained. Voodoo Lady resurects LeChuck for her own means and to stop Guybrush from reaching her. Guybrush will confine to LeChuck that the Voodoo lady succeeded in killing the woman they both loved and thus perhaps a collaboration between good and evil will finally start to demolish the true enemy for both which is the Voodoo Lady so her plan to stop Guybrush will backfire on her. From there on, characters and events will add up to this dark addition of the series. I would like to see the Voodoo Lady being dragged in the secret of Big Whoop and thus forced to be under a spell for eternity or perhaps a different ending. Finally when the Voodoo lady is destroyed, LeChuck will try to have his revenge with Guybrush and the final confrontation battle will occur which will have Guybrush finally defeating LeChuck for good and ending with Guybrush recalling all the good and bad times he had with everyone and leaving Guybrush on a ship in search for newer adventures keeping of course Elaines' memory deep in his heart as he now is a more mature person and has to move on. Just one of the plots that I would like to see done. I have plenty others as well but I would like to hear peoples' comments.
    Demetris

• All the Monkey Island stories were basically about Guybrush fighting LeChuck with the help of the Vodoo Lady to stop LeChuck marring Elaine. We never found out WHY LeChuck was so obsessed of Elaine.

The Vodoo Lady told Guybrush that Elaine never trusted the ways of Vodoo. Maybe Elaine has a good reason, as we know that her family is connected to Vodoo, remember, Elain’s Grandfather’s piece of the map helped Guybrush to find Big Whoop, which is a Vodoo treasure, right?

So maybe this conflict isn’t really about Elaine and Guybrush vs. LeChuck, but the Vodoo Lady and Elaine, because Elaine is really hiding a big source of Vodoo, the Vodoo Lady wants to obtain. By the way, this could be the Secret of Monkey Island :D, Elaine's Vodoo Secret. Because the Vodoo Lady couldn’t get Elaine’s Vodoo Secret on her own, she possessed LeChuck to do the dirty work for her. But that plan didn’t work out, LeChuck turned out to be uncontrollable, the Vodoo Lady needed Guybrush to stop Le Chuck, because LeChuck became a threat to the entire Caribbean. That would explain why she helped Guybrush all over the years.

I would suggest that the Vodoo Lady resurrects LeChuck in the form of Guybrush by using the essence of LeChuck and Guybrush’s hand in the hope that she now has a puppet under her full control to trick Elaine and finally get Elaine’s Vodoo Secret. So we’d have a good Guybrush vs. bad Guybrush. Telltale should split up the story, so that we can play the game from the good Guybrush’s and that bad Guybrush’s view .And it’ll be nice to play the bad Guybrush for a change ;-) Morgan could fall in love with the bad Guybrush, too.

• @Morgan LeFlay said:
    So maybe this conflict isn’t really about Elaine and Guybrush vs. LeChuck, but the Vodoo Lady and Elaine

My words. After TOMI, it's unclear whether it has been LeChuck's own choice to constantly go after Elaine or if this actually is the Voodoo Lady's doing.

Has anyone thought about what would have happened if LeChuck had succeeded in slaying the Voodoo Lady with the Cutlass of Kaflu BEFORE killing Guybrush or marrying Elaine? Wouldn't that have had as a logical consequence that he would immediately lose interest in hunting down Guybrush and finally let Elaine go?

• My two cents: To me, Tales was all about trust (you make that case on your own, I'm too apathetic to prove it), and especially Guybrush's. The sequel would probably have to be an evolution of that concept. Setting the series on Elaine seems like the right move. And if any characters return, they have to do it out of necessity. I like Winslow, but bringing him back for a cameo isn't worth applauding. Murray in Leviathan was a good example, as there was no other character who could've filled that role.

Actually, I may have something regarding a second season to show in a few months. You'll just have to wait and see, but I hope you'll like it. It's gotten good responses from the couple of people I've shown it to.

Edit: It's not official. Just a fangame. I want to practise game stuffs. Sorry for any confusion.

• @Kroms said: My two cents: To me, Tales was all about trust

Agreed.

Actually, I may have something regarding a second season to show in a few months. You'll just have to wait and see, but I hope you'll like it. It's gotten good responses from the couple of people I've shown it to.

Any hints?? :)

• @Kroms said: My two cents: To me, Tales was all about trust (you make that case on your own, I'm too apathetic to prove it), and especially Guybrush's.

I can see that too, trust does recur as a theme an awful lot throughout the episodes.

• @Mermaid said:
    Any hints?? :)

Hee, it's just a fan-game, actually. My own take on a sequel. I'll have more details later.

I guess my vague wording made it sound like it was somehow something official. It is not. (Sorry for the disappointment.)

• Yeah, it does. But I hope now they've sorted it all out and it won't be about trust again. That would be repetitive.

• @Mermaid said:

Has anyone thought about what would have happened if LeChuck had succeeded in slaying the Voodoo Lady with the Cutlass of Kaflu BEFORE killing Guybrush or marrying Elaine? Wouldn't that have had as a logical consequence that he would immediately lose interest in hunting down Guybrush and finally let Elaine go?

Good point, but not necessarily. All the Vodoo spells had to be reversed; the last one was to give LaEsponja Grand a little diet.
    So even of LeChuck kills the Vodoo Lady before he marries Elaine, he’d still be possessed as long as the Vodoo Lady's spell does not get reversed.

• Personally, I don't think De Singe should come back. Each Monkey Island game had it's own supporting antagonist (LeChuck being the primary one,) and they never reprised their roles either.

SMI: Fester Shinetop (yes I know he's really LeChuck, but he still counts)
    MI2: Largo Legrande
    CMI: Captain René Rottingham
    EMI: Pegnose Pete [LeChuck (unfortunately) shares the role of primary villain with Ozzie]
    TMI: Marquis De Singe (LeChuck is the primary villain, you just don't know it until the end of Chapter 4)

Add Comment