User Avatar Image

Devil's Playhouse Main Theme

posted by JedExodus on - last edited - Viewed by 171 users

Assuming that it's the piece of music that's playing whilst the narrator actually says the title of the game, it's really really good, I particularly enjoyed the wee theremin thingy over the main hook, it made it for me

Now i'm hella excited for the title sequence!!

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have a bromance for Jared, his music is incredible. I want to talk to him in the Dispatch, and I'm learning to play The Office on piano.

• @The Highway said: I have a bromance for Jared

I pretty much want to marry everyone at telltale.
    I'm being told that's illegal though.

• I have to say that the thing that pretty much single-handily drew me into Sam and Max was the music in the season 2 trailer. Everything else came afterwards.

• @avistew said: I pretty much want to marry everyone at telltale.
    I'm being told that's illegal though.

Yeah, just pick one, that's legal. But hands off Jared! He's MINE!! (Jared, I'm not actually creepy. Please come to my house and I will show you to my non-creepy basement and non-creepy rope collection)

• I want to say that before Sam and Max I don't even remember noticing that videogames had music in them.

Except for Stan's theme. But that's all.

• For shame.

I usually prefer videogame and movie music above the stuff churned out and sold on CD's, so I definitely noticed all ;).

• I know, and people here seem to be really fond of the music, so I'm probably going to be booed, but...

For instance, MI1, honestly don't remember it having any music or any other sounds. MI2 I realise it must have had some because I remember Stan's theme in his store, but I don't remember anything else. Same with MI3. MI4 well I don't even remember it having voices, or most of the plot, really. I forced myself to finish it, then got rid of it and never touched it again.

But the first three I've played lots of times. I just didn't pay any attention to sounds. But playing Sam 1 Max (telltale's Sam and Max) I started to take notice. Mostly because of the songs I have to admit.

Actually, it's the same with voice acting. Most of the games I don't even remember if it had voices or not. But in telltale's games, the voice acting is so well done that it becomes part of the experience instead of being something pasted on the game as an afterthought.

Anyway, I think Jared is brilliant.

• You know what I heard has a good video game soundtrack? That re-release of Pokemon Gold and Silver. I want it!

• @avistew said: I know, and people here seem to be really fond of the music, so I'm probably going to be booed, but...

For instance, MI1, honestly don't remember it having any music or any other sounds. MI2 I realise it must have had some because I remember Stan's theme in his store, but I don't remember anything else. Same with MI3. MI4 well I don't even remember it having voices, or most of the plot, really. I forced myself to finish it, then got rid of it and never touched it again.

Um, how long has it been since you've played the first three MI games? I'm just asking because, well, I can't understand how someone could forget the music in them. For me, its part of what drew me in, so...I can't even grasp the concept. It's madness!

• I heard the music in the trailer and I immediately thought, "Welp, better save up for the soundtrack." :D

Add Comment