User Avatar Image

The title of Season Two...

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 284 users

Everybody keeps calling it Tales of Monkey Island season 2, am i the only one who thinks this is stupid?

I really hope they don't just go for that as the name and go for a whole new name.

What do you all think?

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @presidentmax said: am i the only one who thinks this is stupid.

[spelling_nazi]First, that's not a question. It's not punctuated properly.[/spelling_nazi] Second, no, you're not the only one, though I'm fine with it if they directly follow the Tales storyline.

umm... lemme take a sec to find a previous thread on names. I had good ideas there.

edit: okay... so I found the other thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14627

here are my ideas [the ones above the ellipsis (...) are serious ideas.]

@presidentmax said: The Legend of Monkey Island

The Quest for Monkey Island

The Magic of Monkey Island

The Fate of Monkey Island

The Destiny of Monkey Island

The Return to Monkey Island

The Plague of Monkey Island

The Masters of Monkey Island

The Voodoo of Monkey Island

The Path to Monkey Island

The Threat from Monkey Island

The Caverns of Monkey Island

The Pirates of Monkey Island

The Power of Monkey Island

The Danger from Monkey Island

Tales of Monkey Island 2: Return of the REAL Monkey Head

The Comfy Sofa of Monkey Island

Chicken Soup for the Monkey Island

The Grog Machine of Monkey Island

The Pharmacy of Monkey Island

The Hairy Chest of Monkey Island

The Missing Beard of Monkey Island

The Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis of Monkey Island

@presidentmax said: I still stand by these (seriously.)

Also you could call it:
    Monkey Island 6: The Might of LeChuck's Big Evil Hat.

• I think we only call it TMI Season 2, because we don't have a better name. It's simple and practical. You know, you hear TMI2 and you know exactly what people are refering to. Is it going to be the official name? I really, really doubt it. So relax.

• I'm just going to consider any potential sequel as Monkey Island 6 until any official to the contrary is announced.

• Also, Tales is a vague enough wording that it would work fine as a wider title, with a subtitle for each season.

• I don't mind what they call it as long as they make it :)

• @avistew said: Also, Tales is a vague enough wording that it would work fine as a wider title, with a subtitle for each season.

True true, season one was only one "tale."

• IMO "Tales of Monkey Island Season 2" is a really silly (and not in a good and/or funny way) of calling it. It's Monkey Island 6.

• I'd be fine with the subtitle thing
    Like Maybe:
    Tales of Monkey Island: The Pox of LeChuck for the first one
    and
    Tales of Monkey Island: (insert Subtitle here, maybe The Secret Revealed)

• @Remolay said: Tales of Monkey Island: (insert Subtitle here, maybe The Secret Revealed)

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2: The Alternate Version of the Monkey Island Storyline if Curse of Monkey Island never happened and Ron Gilbert made Monkey Island 3, Now finally a reality after 20 years.

Longest name award received! :p

• Oh, I think I can beat you.

Tales of Monkey Island II: The Dangerous Journey to Mysterious Worlds Beyond the Edge of the Horizon - The Adventures of Morgan LeFlay, Reginald Van Winslow and Guybrush Threepwood aboard the Screaming Narwhal.

Add Comment