User Avatar Image

The title of Season Two...

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 313 users

Everybody keeps calling it Tales of Monkey Island season 2, am i the only one who thinks this is stupid?

I really hope they don't just go for that as the name and go for a whole new name.

What do you all think?

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If they go with Tales of Monkey Island: Subtitle Here, then my best idea is Tales of Monkey Island: Bad Mojo.

  • @Hassat Hunter said: Tales of Monkey Island Season 2: The Alternate Version of the Monkey Island Storyline if Curse of Monkey Island never happened and Ron Gilbert made Monkey Island 3, Now finally a reality after 20 years.

    Longest name award received! :p

    Tales of Monkey Island 2: The Sixth Installment in the Canonical Monkey Island Storyline Which Does Not Follow Ron Gilbert's Monkey Island 3 Because The Curse of Monkey Island is the Only Monkey Island 3 and Even Ron Gilbert is Uninterested in Creating "His" Monkey Island 3 But Certain Monkey Island Fans Won't Just Let it Go

    I win.

  • @presidentmax said: Everybody keeps calling it Tales of Monkey Island season 2, am i the only one who thinks this is stupid?

    If we are to go with subtitles for each Season does that not make the Chapter/episode titles redundant? E.g. Tales of Monkey Island [name other than 'Season 2'] rise of the Pirate God.

    I think seasonal names would be overly superfluous, it'd be like naming every season of your favourite t.v. show then having really quirky, apt names for each episode. I think eventually TTG would run out of impressive/captivating names.

    Besides I don't mind "season 2" providing it's styilised differently to the standard MI logo. In the way that Lechuck's Revenge placed the "2".
    At least the Tales season-by-season games add an interesting dimension to the Monkey Island franchise, adding an epic Tale between younger guybrush from EfMI and that of a prophetic Monkey Island 6.

    I'm no LucasArts evangelist that prays that MI6 will come one day, but I would like to see a new direction after Tales for Guybrush. Perhaps LeChuck will
    be finally defeated (even though I love LeChuck to bits - no pun intended) and that leads Guybrush onto new adventures/bad guys. I'd be happy with TTG making an MI6...
    But I think I've offered to many tangeants for this thread. So whether to subtitle each Season individually in my opinion would clash with the Monkey Island praenomen and the episodic cognomen.

  • "More Tales of Monkey Island" seems too perfect to not use, in my opinion

  • No its going to be "Tales of Monkey Island 2: Voodoo Vengeance"

  • @prizna said: No its going to be "Tales of Monkey Island 2: Voodoo Vengeance"

    Shouldn't that be Tales of Monkey Island: Electric Voodooloo?

  • @GuruGuru214 said: Tales of Monkey Island 2: The Sixth Installment in the Canonical Monkey Island Storyline Which Does Not Follow Ron Gilbert's Monkey Island 3 Because The Curse of Monkey Island is the Only Monkey Island 3 and Even Ron Gilbert is Uninterested in Creating "His" Monkey Island 3 But Certain Monkey Island Fans Won't Just Let it Go

    I win.


    Tales of Monkey Island Season 2: The Sequel to the first Tales of Monkey Island which continues on the story of Voodoo Pirate Huntress Morgan LeFay and indeed does not continue upon the storyline outlined for Monkey Island 3, not to confuse with the Curse of Monkey Island, by Ron Gilbert in the Special Edition for Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge even if many fans cried out in agony to Telltale Games to do so.

  • @Hassat Hunter said: Tales of Monkey Island Season 2: The Sequel to the first Tales of Monkey Island which continues on the story of Voodoo Pirate Huntress Morgan LeFay and indeed does not continue upon the storyline outlined for Monkey Island 3, not to confuse with the Curse of Monkey Island, by Ron Gilbert in the Special Edition for Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge even if many fans cried out in agony to Telltale Games to do so.

    Tales of Monkey Island 2: That's Stupid and You're Stupid and Yes I Have Stooped to Childish Insults

  • I also do not mind what they call it, but I think that calling it season 2 may be confusing for new MI players, especially with the re-release of MI2 happening soon. However, I'm sure some bright spark at TTG will figure it out somehow.. after "season 2" is different from "monkey island 2".

    If they make season 2, that is.

    I hope they do :)

  • Tales of Monkey Island 2: We Named The Entire Season This Just For One Simple Joke On Our Forum. Sorry.

Add Comment