User Avatar Image

Which is the best Monkey Island game so far?

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users

Since Tales of Monkey Island is now complete and can be viewed as a full 5th game i was curious what everyones opinion is on their favourite monkey island game so far?

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Arrgh! The choices!

I voted for Curse but I love Tales equally. I want to vote twice, once for either game. In the end I just picked one between the two, but keep in mind I can't really say Curse is better.

I suspect that if Tales was one big long game, it would win out over Curse.

• My answer really depends. If the question is really "What is the best Monkey Island game?" as the thread title says, then I would vote for LeChuck's Revenge. If the question is actually "What is your favorite Monkey Island game?" as the poll title states then I would vote for The Secret of Monkey Island.

SoMI was the first adventure game I played and is quite possibly the first PC game I ever played and it will always have a special place in my heart as it's also probably the only one that I can play over and over and not get bored with. However, I can accept that LeChuck's Revenge took everything that was great about SoMI and made it better. Also, LeChuck's Revenge is probably one of the best adventure games ever, if not THE best adventure game.

• Can I just say all of the above? They are all great games.

• I really, really enjoyed EMI. While it's not my favourite one, I almost feel like it deserves my vote anyway just because people tend to vomit all over it. D:

• @Frown said: I really, really enjoyed EMI. While it's not my favourite one, I almost feel like it deserves my vote anyway just because people tend to vomit all over it. D:

Generally, they vomit on their keyboards. The disgust doesn't really start until well after the game itself is protected by the disc drive, and the keyboard is the most common "thing in front of person playing Escape from Monkey Island".

• My favourite is MI1, but I don't think it is the best MI game. It was hard to decide whether MI2 or TMI was the best. I decided to go with MI2.

• Curse. Still my favorite PC game of all time.

• I'm really surprised by the the votes for ToMI. Is this the first Monkey Island game for many of you? If so, I can easily understand not putting SoMI or MI2 as favourites, maybe even CMI. It's hard to get into a game that looks dated, and even if you do, it's rarely comparable to playing it when it was new.

• Hands down its Monkey Island 2 Lechucks revenge, its the first one in the series i played and still my favourite to date,the humour and puzzles, the art, its completely brilliant, however i do like Tales alot, the fifth chapter was my favourite

• My vote goes to Curse, but it's pretty close between that and LeChuck's Revenge for me. All the games are special in their own ways, but those two have been the most memorable for me :)

Add Comment