User Avatar Image

Season 3 on the Xbox Petition

posted by The Strong Sad on - last edited - Viewed by 735 users

I just wanted to have all the Xbox owners remind Telltale that we WOULD DEFINITELY buy Sam and Max Season 3 on the Xbox 360. Sign your name or just say something!:)

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How do you know it's not coming to the Xbox 360? Season 1 was only announced for the Wii when it first came out, and now it's on all 3 consoles. Season 2 was only announced for the Xbox 360 when it first came out, and now it's on all 3 consoles. It only says PS3 because they've finally got around to releasing the other games on the PS3 and the new season was graphically updated for that reason. I doubt this new season will be able to run on Wii though.

• @freakazoid said: How do you know it's not coming to the Xbox 360? Season 1 was only announced for the Wii when it first came out, and now it's on all 3 consoles. Season 2 was only announced for the Xbox 360 when it first came out, and now it's on all 3 consoles. It only says PS3 because they've finally got around to releasing the other games on the PS3 and the new season was graphically updated for that reason. I doubt this new season will be able to run on Wii though.

This isn't exactly true. Season 1 and season 2 were PC only when they first came out, and later came out for both Xbox 360 and Wii. Neither came out for PS3. Sam & Max Season 3 is the first Telltale game on PS3. Of course, the chance that the other seasons will appear on PS3 is pretty high, as is the chance of Season 3 appearing on other consoles. But keep in mind that nothing has been announced yet.

• I think there's a high chance that Sam & Max 3 will be out on Xbox, it just won't be announced until the season is completed, as the 360 doesn't have the 'pre-order' thingy that PS3 is doing.

• It probably will eventually be on the PS3, you just got to give it time. Plus Petitions are kind of annoying, we don't know any details of the game other than how many episodes, when they will be released and what Systems they are being released for.

• As above, I expect Season 3 will end up on 360 when eventually - I'm willing to bet they're not promoting it on that console now because you won't be able to purchase it for another 6 months when the season is complete.

• I would get the most benefit if they did not publish on any consoles, or if they only gave a half-assed effort when it came to console ports.

• Instead of starting a petition get more people to buy Sam & Max on XBLA. Save the World sold about 20,000 but Beyond Time and Space has only sold 5,000 or so.. If more people buy the second season on XBLA that would give Telltale an incentive to get season 3 out there ASAP.

• @freakazoid said: I doubt this new season will be able to run on Wii though.

Phffhahahaha.

*tear in eye*

• @Hero1 said: Instead of starting a petition get more people to buy Sam & Max on XBLA. Save the World sold about 20,000 but Beyond Time and Space has only sold 5,000 or so.. If more people buy the second season on XBLA that would give Telltale an incentive to get season 3 out there ASAP.

They're pretty low sales. Surely that's a loss? I assummed sales were much higher, but I suppose PC will always outsell a console for an adventure game.

They sold Sam and Max Season 1 for Wii at K-Mart in my town, and it's a small town, and it was $20 and all the copies had sold by the end of the month. I didn't get it though because I already had the PC version.

A figure I would like to know is how many people came to Telltale because of TOMI, and then went back and bought the old seasons of Sam and Max? I was one of those people, I always intented to get Sam and Max season 1, but I found hit the road too obscure and confusing so I passed, plus you could only buy it online. But after TOMI I realized Telltale games is the greatest game company in the history of the universe, and I went back and bought Sam and Max.

• There was a horde of people who came here just for Tales - I believe Tales was the first game I bought directly from TTG - the rest I own on retail but I've since bought the full season of SBCG4AP (which I owned half of on wiiware) and W&G (which I owned 1 episode on xbla) - oh and I bought the CSI games for the 360 since Tales came out..

I'm gonna get S&M season 1 and 2 when I can afford it - I've never played season 2 believe it or not, but I own season 1 for the Wii

I want them both for the xbox though, nice shiny new achievements!!!

Add Comment