User Avatar Image

Launch of the Screaming Narwhal Needs a New Icon!

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 504 users

It has the garish icon with the beta 3D Guybrush looking, seriously, like he just hatched. The rest have awesome artwork and cool poses, and the icon for LotSN just looks out of place. Either Telltale needs to make a new one, or we can all put our own on here. Hmmm... But I don't know how to share the icon I made apart from a JPEG...

attachment.php?attachmentid=1265&stc=1&d

Seriously, it looks better when its smaller and an icon.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sorry, but MS Paint isn't the kind of software for this.

• @Spadge said: Sorry, but MS Paint isn't the kind of software for this.

That was unnecessarily harsh. I agree with him and I also think that the icon he made looks really good regardless of what software he made it in.

I didn't use MS Paint. I feel insulted.

• @plrichard said: That was unnecessarily harsh. I agree with him and I also think that the icon he made looks really good regardless of what software he made it in.

Thank you!

• @plrichard said: That was unnecessarily harsh. I agree with him and I also think that the icon he made looks really good regardless of what software he made it in.

Sure, if you don't mind harsh, jagged edges raping the smooth lines of an actually good artistic design effort.

• @Rather Dashing said: Sure, if you don't mind harsh, jagged edges raping the smooth lines of an actually good artistic design effort.

You try doing it without a mouse. Outside of this, 2 things: 1. I love using the word "rape" for things it doesn't actually mean. 2. There are 3 users with eyes for avatars gracing this thread, out of 4 users who have posted. Therefore, 75% of people who play ToMI have eyes. Who knew?

Also, I don't know if this is what you meant, but I DO have the software to make it a Windows Icon. It's called Sib, and its not bad for a free program.

• I think the Mac version already has an updated icon, featuring 2D art. I assume the PC version will get the same icon when they upload the Earl Boen-version. The DVD-version will have both the Mac version and an updated PC version with the advantages of the Mac version (Earl Boen's voice for LeChuck, an updated icon), so the download version should be updated before then/around that time.

• @Rather Dashing said: Sure, if you don't mind harsh, jagged edges raping the smooth lines of an actually good artistic design effort.

If you look at what it looks like as an icon, you will see that the harsh, jagged lines are barely noticable.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1266&stc=1&d

• @Tjibbbe said: I think the Mac version already has an updated icon, featuring 2D art. I assume the PC version will get the same icon when they upload the Earl Boen-version. The DVD-version will have both the Mac version and an updated PC version with the advantages of the Mac version (Earl Boen's voice for LeChuck, an updated icon), so the download version should be updated before then/around that time.

Awesome! I wish I had a Mac, now... Just so I could steal the icon for windows! )I've heard the Mac version is less responsive than the PC version)

Add Comment