User Avatar Image

Launch of the Screaming Narwhal Needs a New Icon!

posted by The Highway on - last edited - Viewed by 339 users

It has the garish icon with the beta 3D Guybrush looking, seriously, like he just hatched. The rest have awesome artwork and cool poses, and the icon for LotSN just looks out of place. Either Telltale needs to make a new one, or we can all put our own on here. Hmmm... But I don't know how to share the icon I made apart from a JPEG...

attachment.php?attachmentid=1265&stc=1&d

Seriously, it looks better when its smaller and an icon.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There is an official new icon, already deployed with the Mac version! PC users will get it when the Earl Boen-capable update comes out... whenever that happens :)

• @Jake said: There is an official new icon, already deployed with the Mac version! PC users will get it when the Earl Boen-capable update comes out... whenever that happens :)

Want to take a guess at the time? http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15030

• @Rather Dashing said: Sure, if you don't mind harsh, jagged edges raping the smooth lines of an actually good artistic design effort.

Well that just betrays an ignorance on your part because anti-aliasing is automatically carried out when icons are displayed at smaller sizes. What, did you think Windows would go out of its way to recreate the sharp edges as the size decreased? Or did you just assume that icons are supposed to be viewed fullscreen?

This post, along with the following one: @Rather Dashing said: Sorry, but MS Paint isn't the kind of software for this.

Are both dick moves. Both posters should be put in the dick corner where they can be taught proper social skills and given cone shaped hats with the letter "D" on them. D for dick. Obviously.

• @Fealiks said: Well that just betrays an ignorance on your part because anti-aliasing is automatically carried out when icons are displayed at smaller sizes. What, did you think Windows would go out of its way to recreate the sharp edges as the size decreased? Or did you just assume that icons are supposed to be viewed fullscreen?

This post, along with the following one:

Are both dick moves. Both posters should be put in the dick corner where they can be taught proper social skills and given cone shaped hats with the letter "D" on them. D for dick. Obviously.

Actually, Rather Dashing wasn't being a dick. He was just saying that he saw some sharp edges on what was otherwise a great design idea. but spadge was being a dick. And what's with all the eyes?

• @Fealiks said:

Can't we just draw a dick on the hat?

Would be more fun.

And get the message across more clearly.
    @Fealiks said: Actually, Rather Dashing wasn't being a dick. He was just saying that he saw some sharp edges on what was otherwise a great design idea. but spadge was being a dick. And what's with all the eyes?
    I'm pretty sure I was being more of a dick but OK.

• @Rather Dashing said: I'm pretty sure I was being more of a dick but OK.

This is why we love you RD.

• If I see a guy trying to hammer a nail with a screwrdiver, I'm going to tell him he shouldn't use a screwdriver. Dick move for saying MS Paint isn't the right software for this kind of work? Dick move for jumping on me for saying the truth.

• @Spadge said: If I see a guy trying to hammer a nail with a screwrdiver, I'm going to tell him he shouldn't use a screwdriver. Dick move for saying MS Paint isn't the right software for this kind of work? Dick move for jumping on me for saying the truth.

He didn't use MS Paint.

A better analogy would be if somebody proudly showed you a shelf they had put up and you said "You really shouldn't have hammered in the nails with a screwdriver". You're making an assumption that they used the wrong method to put up the shelves which implies that you think they did a bad job. It's basically a thinly vieled "fuck you", and we all know that thinly veiled "fuck you"s are more dickish than honest "fuck you"s.

• So it wasn't the bad software, it was the lack of mouse. Fine, fine. Point still stands, use the proper tools to get proper results. I don't want to turn this into a freaking flame war.

• Thanks for sharing, Highway. I think I'll wait for the official one though since there is going to be one :)

Add Comment