User Avatar Image

Preorder from Steam, access to forum?

posted by NeatNit on - last edited - Viewed by 512 users

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3639/
[quote]Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse is now available for pre-purchase on Steam.

Get a FREE game with purchase: Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead and get access to a Freelance Police Elite Forces membership![/quote]

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901399/
[quote]Get a FREE game with purchase: Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead

Get Freelance Police Elite Forces membership, which entitles you to:
[list][*]Access to private forum - featuring scheduled chats with Steve Purcell, series designers and more
[*]Special 'member' preview area - get first look at sneaks from upcoming episodes first!
[*]Elite Forces downloads - avatars, wallpaper
[*]Elite Forces pass for Telltale Store - monthly special deals thru Sept 2010[/list][/quote]

Now may I please have my forum access?

Edit: err... Sorry for the tone of the post, I don't mean to be mean or angry or impatient :)

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    joeldee Telltale Staff

Given the missing opt-in box from Steam, they're telling us that they'll be sending the pre-orderers an email with further instructions on this.

- Joel

• @joeldee said: Given the missing opt-in box from Steam, they're telling us that they'll be sending the pre-orderers an email with further instructions on this.

- Joel

Thank you, much appreciated:).

• So... any update on when us steam pre-orderers will be getting our email giving us access? I don't mean to nag, but we've only got 2weeks of the forum access to go as is, so if it happens too late, it may as well not happen at all.

• As mentioned in another thread, the Freelance Police Elite Forces membership mention has disappeared from the store page. That's exactly why I quoted them.

What's up with that? Have you given up on getting the emails sent? Cause I haven't gotten any.

• Bump
    This is really unfair. I admit, I would have bought it through Steam even if it didn't have the Elite Forces membership, but it was still advertised it and I expect some sort of compensation. I'll contact Steam Support, cause I don't know how much TellTale had to do with this (if I understand correctly, it wasn't your fault at all and you simply were not able to send the emails?), but please clarify what happened.

• Yes it would be nice. Confirmation on if we are getting it or not would also be nice.

• BUUUUUUUUMP

Don't forget about us, guys!!

• Hmmm... I've seen little mentions about a "private forum", but until now I never really spent any time thinking about them. I haven't been able to find any details really (just people complaining that they don't have access if they ordered through Steam/iPad/Wii/mail-order floppy, and now I see a "private" forum with 4 posts that I assume is supposed to be it). As a pre-orderer direct from Telltale am I supposed to also have access to whatever this is?

• @Ripcord said: Hmmm... I've seen little mentions about a "private forum", but until now I never really spent any time thinking about them. I haven't been able to find any details really (just people complaining that they don't have access if they ordered through Steam/iPad/Wii/mail-order floppy, and now I see a "private" forum with 4 posts that I assume is supposed to be it). As a pre-orderer direct from Telltale am I supposed to also have access to whatever this is?

Yes you are. There's a link in your order confirmation e-mail that allows you to post in threads in the private forum. There's also a coupon code for a free Telltale episode in there.

• @Rather Dashing said: Yes you are. There's a link in your order confirmation e-mail that allows you to post in threads in the private forum. There's also a coupon code for a free Telltale episode in there.

Well, B'gosh and Begorrah. (And I don't use the word "Begorrah" lightly). So I did. Thanks Kerrek-killer.

Add Comment