User Avatar Image

Q&A With Ryan Jones, Artist

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

Cruising past Ryan's desk, it's hard not to peer over his shoulder and see what he's working on- with his own unique style, he turns Telltale's dreams into visual inspiration, and sets the stage for how our games play out.

TODAY, that's Friday 3/26 from 3-4pm PST, we're gonna have him in here to do a Q&A and release some new concept art for you guys! Got any questions for him? The place is here, the time is now! Bring it on.

97 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well when I write long posts, then I submit them and it bugs. It's not that it crashes (if that happens, the post is there when I fire up the Internet again) but that it just didn't work. So I hit "previous" and end up on the page before I wrote anything. If I quoted something it's still quoted but that's it.

It sucks. I end up writing summaries of my posts. On the other hand it might be a godsend as I'm sure many people think I'm long-winded already.

• Trust me, "It's All Text!" is a very very very useful extension to Firefox. Especially if you edit Wikis a lot (which I do, we have internal wikis at work for collaboration).

• What browser are you using?
    Because, with FF or later versions of IE (as mentioned) pressing back should just provide you with all the text you typed (well, minus maybe the last line or 2 depending on when it cached).

It works for me on PHP forums like these, wiki's etc. without using a 3rd party addon.

• @Hassat Hunter said: What browser are you using?
    Because, with FF or later versions of IE (as mentioned) pressing back should just provide you with all the text you typed (well, minus maybe the last line or 2 depending on when it cached).

Except for those times where you're previewing your edits - and instead of hitting "Submit" you just close the tab, go do something else for half an hour and then realize what you did... good luck finding that tab intact in your browser history.

With Lazarus you just go to the same page, right click the textarea and select the now-missing epic post from the menu...

np: Radian - Kinetakt (Chimeric)

• What is the major difference in doing concepts for ToMI and S&M?

Also could we get more concepts of Max new psych powers =)?

• @Hassat Hunter said: What browser are you using?

It works for me on PHP forums like these, wiki's etc. without using a 3rd party addon.

I'm using the latest Firefox and I assure you that I lose whole posts regularly. I haven't counted exactly yet but it seems that it's when I take longer than a certain amount of time to write a post. Then when I click submit I end up with a white page, and can't refresh and reload the data nor go back (well I can but my whole post is gone).

• Could we have the Museum of Mostly Natural History as desktop size?

• @haydenwce27 said:
    Who came up with the Guybrush dance (see in The Highway's signature)?

Not anymore! :guybrush: <---- There it is, though. I always thought someone on the forums just made it :rolleyes: I didn't think someone from Telltale made them.

• @Leak said: Except for those times where you're previewing your edits - and instead of hitting "Submit" you just close the tab, go do something else for half an hour and then realize what you did... good luck finding that tab intact in your browser history.

People do that?
    I mean, if you wrote an "epic post" you just forget about it the very instant you wrote it without submitting? I find that hard to believe.
    I may be a misanthrophist, but it's hard to believe for even me people are that stupid...
    @Leak said: I'm using the latest Firefox and I assure you that I lose whole posts regularly. I haven't counted exactly yet but it seems that it's when I take longer than a certain amount of time to write a post. Then when I click submit I end up with a white page, and can't refresh and reload the data nor go back (well I can but my whole post is gone).
    Ah, those annoying blank posts. I regularly see them myself too, with FF. However, it never failed me pressing F5, then yes on the confirmation box to get my post in the thread after all. Then again, maybe I do not go way over the alloted time?

• @haydenwce27 said: Are you surprised at how popular your art has
    Who came up with the Guybrush dance (see in The Highway's signature)?

Well According to this post it was Matt Hansen.

Add Comment