User Avatar Image

Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

posted by dg10050 on - last edited - Viewed by 7.7K users

surfinhardcover3.jpg

What number Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway (hardcover edition) did you get? I plan on taking all numbers posted and compiling a list of corresponding usernames. Obviously this isn't going to be complete since not everyone who bought a copy frequents the forums, but I thought this might be cool.

Click here for list: http://mvzig.com/SaMStH.txt

I'll try to update the list every day or two.

509 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: ...

I have three.

Why?

• @Joop said: Why?

Copy #1(Hardcover)
    For careful reading in my room. It does not leave the room. It does not get within 3 feet of a glass of liquid, or 2 feet of anything that is meant to be eaten. It is placed back on the shelf after every use.

Copy #2(Sofcover)
    To be read on the road. Or outside my room. Or in my room, but with food/drink involved. It's the thoroughly abused copy.

Copy #3(Hardcover)
    Due to the limited nature of the hardcover, I can't be assured that I could obtain another one if something were to happen to Copy #1. Copy #3 is disaster protection, an insurance against Copy #1 getting damaged or destroyed.

Also, it seemed like the best thing to grab during the 50% off Wallace and Gromit sale.

• Mr. Dashing, you and I think alike.

• Copy #1: Hardcover: The first one I ever read
    Copy #2: Hardcover: Opened so I could see the signature, not used otherwise
    Copy #3: Softcover: Read ALL THE TIME

Rather Dashing, I like your thinking but I'm less patient than you.

• I only have the hardcover one. I have been thinking of getting a paperback version so I can read it while eating. Reading without eating at the same time is just not the same.

• But then you get food all over the paperback! Scan it, and read a pdf while eating! Telltale should make this available on the iBookstore!

• @The Highway said: But then you get food all over the paperback! Scan it, and read a pdf while eating! Telltale should make this available on the iBookstore!

But then I'd put crumbs in my keyboard! or one my ebook reader which would be worse than damaging just one book, since it holds a thousand of them!

• @avistew said: Reading without eating at the same time is just not the same.

Ha. At first I misread that as "reading without eating it at the same time..." XD

I just have one copy; a hardcover from Telltale. I've had it since last July and have already had a lot of use out of it, but I've been careful with it and when I'm not reading it I make sure it's safely put away on its shelf. Though compared to the number of copies some people have I feel like I'm taking a risk!

• I think you're all overprotective.
    Think about all the poor people who are crying because they were saving for the hardcover and haven't got one now.

• I hear what you're saying, Joop, but they did buy their copies and they did pay for them. There is absolutely no rule that you're only allowed one copy each, if they want two good for them.

Add Comment