User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Design Team

posted by Chuck on - last edited - Viewed by 4.8K users

Hello, honorary Freelance Police! Thanks for pre-ordering the game.

I'm Chuck Jordan, designer and writer of "The Penal Zone", the first episode of "The Devil's Playhouse." I'm also the guy responsible for making sure all the season's stories fit together in some semblance of order.

This thread is for your questions about the new season, as well as "Beyond Time and Space" and "Save the World," and general Sam & Max design-type stuff. I'll be starting out, and as we go on I'll try to rope in the other designers: Mike Stemmle, Andy Hartzell, Joe Pinney, and Dave Grossman.

I'll be answering your questions whenever I've got the time & know-how, with a super-bonus semi-live Q&A today (Monday Mar 15) from 2-3 PM.

So ask away!

479 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That is quite impressive, and better that I would have expected.

• Hey everybody!! :D

I don't really have any questions.. I'm just taking this as an opportunity to tell you again that you are awesome! Every one of you! ...except for Majus. He constantly refuses to send me american food via mail. The nerve!!
    Keep up the brilliant work!

• whats your address Silverwolfpet I will send you candy... and you do not even have to get into a creepy van to get it.... BONUS

• Wow, didn't see this coming at all. I would love to be able to play the Ipad-version some day! Congratulations!

One question - I noticed on the screenshots that the inventory is the old cardboard box viewed from above, and in the GiantBomb QuickLook of the PS3-version the box was missing. Are there more menu-changes like this between the different versions?

Edit: this is the screenshot I was talking about:

sm301_iPad-Inventory.png

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Are you able to tell us whether TTG approached Apple, or Apple approached TTG? I'm curious.

Well done by the way to your programmer slaves in the back room the guys who got it working so quickly on something they'd (presumably) never programmed for before.

• Hey guys, I have some questions: (and no, they aren't about the iPad. :D)

How does it feel to revisit Sam and Max again?
    Do you think you can top season 2?
    Will Bluster Blaster make a return?
    Can I have a cookie?

• So I am assuming TTG has their hands on an iPad.... is it cool?

• @Irishmile said: whats your address Silverwolfpet I will send you candy... and you do not even have to get into a creepy van to get it.... BONUS

Yeah, right! That's what the nice people in the alley said, and after I gave them my address, they stole my stuff. They DID leave candy though... so they were half-nice, I guess.

• @Silverwolfpet said: Yeah, right! That's what the nice people in the alley said, and after I gave them my address, they stole my stuff. They DID leave candy though... so they were half-nice, I guess.

What the hell are you talking about I sent you a Mcrib a week ago, and I sent you those awesome Jalepeno Poppers..now I know my american food isn't good for you, I'm hurt...Ooooh! I found A NICKEL!

• @Icedhope said: What the hell are you talking about I sent you a Mcrib a week ago, and I sent you those awesome Jalepeno Poppers..now I know my american food isn't good for you, I'm hurt...Ooooh! I found A NICKEL!

Oh, those were from you?? I'm so sorry, I just didn't know who "IcaEdHopp" was! you should really learn how to spell your own name! Like me! SeelfurVoltPat!

..I...want...Nickel!!!

Add Comment