User Avatar Image

Season 3 on the Xbox Petition

posted by The Strong Sad on - last edited - Viewed by 688 users

I just wanted to have all the Xbox owners remind Telltale that we WOULD DEFINITELY buy Sam and Max Season 3 on the Xbox 360. Sign your name or just say something!:)

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hero1 said: Instead of starting a petition get more people to buy Sam & Max on XBLA. Save the World sold about 20,000 but Beyond Time and Space has only sold 5,000 or so.. If more people buy the second season on XBLA that would give Telltale an incentive to get season 3 out there ASAP.

If these numbers would be right, its still means, that they earned hundred thousands of dollars. And that's pretty big money because the games itself was practically done. They just inserted achievements and make some work with conversation. Nothing more = EASY money. They are still going to make Season 3 so why they wouldnt make it for XBLA... You are playing smart guy, but in real, you're not so smart.

• @tonyskate said: If these numbers would be right, its still means, that they earned hundred thousands of dollars. And that's pretty big money because the games itself was practically done. They just inserted achievements and make some work with conversation. Nothing more = EASY money. They are still going to make Season 3 so why they wouldnt make it for XBLA... You are playing smart guy, but in real, you're not so smart.

It costs money to port those games across to the XBOX.. Now the Telltale Tool is on XBOX it would cost less I guess. I got those numbers from Gamesutra if anyone wants to have a look.

• @The Strong Sad said: I just wanted to have all the Xbox owners remind Telltale that we WOULD DEFINITELY buy Sam and Max Season 3 on the Xbox 360. Sign your name or just say something!:)

I HATE online petitions.

If you want to do something to help your cause, you should make people on your friendslist buy the previous seasons on XBLA (or Wallace and Gromit for that matter, the first episode is only 400MP right now).

That said, I am not fan of episodic games and I would rather buy the whole Season for 1600MP again. Even if that means waiting much longer.

• I want to see it come to the Xbox.. but like others have said, I'd rather see it released as one big game for 1,600 points, rather than 800 for each seperate episode like what we saw with Wallace & Grommit.

No reason the Wii shouldn't get it as well. The more people who enjoy it, the better.

• Wallace & Gromit proved that episodic games on XBLA simply do not work. If anything, it will be released as a full bundle later, like the 1st two seasons.

I'm still buying S3 on PS3 though, just so I can play it on my TV.

• @Rather Dashing said: I would get the most benefit if they did not publish on any consoles, or if they only gave a half-assed effort when it came to console ports.

Not if that resulted in lower net profits, and thus lower budgets, on future titles. ;)

• @Pale Man said: Not if that resulted in lower net profits, and thus lower budgets, on future titles. ;)

Money and complexity are by no means everything. On less money and a smaller staff, we got Sam and Max: Season Two, which continues to be my favorite Telltale title. We had Interim Theater. The best ideas, the episodic model Telltale created, with a DVD at the end? That was conceived on less money with a single-platform emphasis. The case files, same thing. When they were smaller, we got hybrid DVDs that could be played in a DVD player, that were stuffed with content, and that had disc-based DRM rather than having no actual difference between it and the copies on the website. They flubbed that one on apparently more money. When SBCG4AP was their first console title, the episodes were held back by Wiiware console delays, giving PC players the faults of the console version. When Tales of Monkey Island went back on Wiiware, PC players were held back by Wiiware's stupidly tiny limit.

There's a reason that I rarely buy mainstream titles: They have no soul, and they're designed by-committee to please a wide audience that has, frankly, no taste whatsoever. Sam and Max Seasons One and Two definitely had a soul, and so did the company around them. Telltale is by no means a giant, AAA, Mainstream company, but I'm starting to see the qualities that made the Sam and Max games and Telltale as a company so special to begin with starting to fade with greater success and a larger, console-based fandom.

• You know, I imagine that as soon as whatever deal Telltale has going on get TDP out on the PSN, it'll be released for everything else under the sun.

• @Gibbeynator said: You know, I imagine that as soon as whatever deal Telltale has going on get TDP out on the PSN, it'll be released for everything else under the sun.

Am I the only one that saw "TDP" and immediately thought of Thief: The Dark Project?

• @Pale Man said: Am I the only one that saw "TDP" and immediately thought of Thief: The Dark Project?

Yes.

I also find it funny that anyone thinks there's some special console-exclusivity deal going on with Season Three.

Add Comment