35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've played it, it's a bit glitchy. The intro looks kinda weird but it gets better afterwards. Still, it was freezing up so much I had to stop playing it. It really needs an update to work out the kinks but the game itself is really fun.

Ok it's REALLY glitchy. Oh well, price for being impatient I guess.

• I'd ignore any comments about Sam and Max's humor being "immature" or "stupid" as it's pretty much the same quality as other games in the series. In other words, when it's playable, it's hilarious.

The highlight mode is activated with a two-finger hold, btw. Pretty simple.

I stand by my original post saying that it's unplayable, though.

• "Puzzles are few and far between in this adventure"

Thats a shame, obviously all the psychic-ness in season 3 is going to reduce the amount of classic item based puzzles but tbh dialogue puzzles bore me and based on this review, episode 1 relies on them alot. They ruin the replay value for me and arent really much fun first time round. I hope the inventory hasnt been reduced too much. Discworld Noir is the only game I can think of that made dialogue puzzles+a small inventory fun. Cant wait to play season 3 but I have my doubts as puzzles should surely come first in an adventure game

• @tmsmyth4 said: "Puzzles are few and far between in this adventure"

Thats a shame, obviously all the psychic-ness in season 3 is going to reduce the amount of classic item based puzzles but tbh dialogue puzzles bore me and based on this review, episode 1 relies on them alot. They ruin the replay value for me and arent really much fun first time round. I hope the inventory hasnt been reduced too much. Discworld Noir is the only game I can think of that made dialogue puzzles+a small inventory fun. Cant wait to play season 3 but I have my doubts as puzzles should surely come first in an adventure game

I don't know who the heck did this review. The psychic puzzles are actually a ton of fun and change up the gameplay nicely, in my book. And like I just said,

@tmsmyth4 said: I'd ignore any comments about Sam and Max's humor being "immature" or "stupid" as it's pretty much the same quality as other games in the series. In other words, when it's playable, it's hilarious.

• Also read on the iTunes customer reviews that, yes a number of people are complaning about it being slow, choppy, laggy ect. Something not to be found in the PC/MAC/PS3 versions ;)

• Yeah I hope the PS3 version isn't choppy.. It seems to be something that all of Telltale's non-PC ports have struggled with. It's a shame because it's bringing down some quality games like Sam & Max Season 2.

• It's disheartening to hear that the iPad version is as buggy as it is. Maybe that extra couple weeks that the other versions are getting could have helped.

• I was excited to play Sam & Man on my iPad, but it is really, really glitchy. I'm going to wait for version 1.1 before trying to play it on my iPad. Hopefully Telltale will be able to quickly fix the problems.

• I fear this is going to bring down sales for Season 3 in the future...

"Oh, it's so buggy on platform x, why bother trying it on platform y."
    Ah well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Add Comment