User Avatar Image

We are SO hiring!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users

Haven't heard the news? Sheesh, we've only been saying it everywhere. If you've ever wanted to work for Telltale, now is the time, because we're hiring! A wealth of undiscovered joys await you in lovely Northern California, as you can share philosophical views on video games with your favorite Telltalers over lunch, or play Contra after hours in the meeting room.

You may even hear Mike Stemmle singing.

Think you got what it takes? Head over to our jobs site and show us whatcha got!
http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/

We are mainly looking for applicants within the U.S. but all resumes will be looked at.

481 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Secret Fawful said: He also eats puppies for breakfast.

That's just a vicious rumour.

It's more like a mid-morning snack.

• Puppies are just furry cholesterol, you know. Anyway, I'd rather Ron started up his own company, so we'd have yet another awesome game company.

• @Lena_P said: Puppies are just furry cholesterol, you know. Anyway, I'd rather Ron started up his own company, so we'd have yet another awesome game company.

But then it wouldn't be super awesome running, part of the magic that was 1990's LucasArts was that they had all these awesome people under one roof making brilliant games, then they all split up. A good example of this would be Bill Tiller and Autumn Moon, I find the games he's come out with are rather lacking in the story department and feel quite, rushed, the acting stiff, etc, but the art direction and character designs are brilliant!

• What about Double Fine and Telltale? They both make really good games, and they're conveniently near where I live most of the time. All I need is for Ron to start up a company in Berkeley, and I'll have a triumvirate of awesome!

• Actually, I'm not sure if Ron joining Telltale would be such a good idea. He seems to want to move on to bigger and better things (i.e., games that aren't exclusively adventure games) and Telltale definitely isn't a company that makes platformers or whatever.

• But Ron still clings to Monkey Island and wants to be associated with it. His blog is described as "Personal page of Ron Gilbert, designer of Secret of Monkey Island." Deathspank is described as "Monkey Island meets Diablo." Personally, I would like to see what else he can do. I mean, Deathspank looks like a fun action-RPG, but let's be honest, Monkey Island is getting more attention right now than it did a year ago or than it may get ever again. I believe he's going to show up at LucasArts or Telltale for one more crack at his beloved franchise. (Telltale seems like the smart choice and LucasArts the risky one). Perhaps it all depends on who's got the deepest pockets? Developing games are a business after all, and Ron's got his mouth to feed.

• @Secret Fawful said: He also eats puppies for breakfast.

Leaves more babies for the rest of TTG. Since we all know they eat them for breakfest.

• @Lena_P said: What about Double Fine and Telltale? They both make really good games, and they're conveniently near where I live most of the time. All I need is for Ron to start up a company in Berkeley, and I'll have a triumvirate of awesome!

Double Fine are doing fine (YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH), Brutal Legend had the hype behind it but sold quite average to bad, once people found out it was an RTS type game it put a lot of them off from what they thought would be this awesome Heavy Metal Game where you go around slaughtering everything whilst kick ass music plays. TellTale are obviously ok to, I consider them the best landed out of the lot, the only complaints I have have been heard before, main one being the bland character design in Tales, which I still think is the Wii's fault, look at Sam & Max Season 3, the amount of detail in that is rather good but I still yearn for a game with a proper music score (Land done an amazing job with what he was sadly restricted to), each character having an awesome design and being unique, etc, I mean, they did consult Ron on a few things anyway with Tales.

• @Ash735 said: but I still yearn for a game with a proper music score

Have you played the Sam and Max games, by any chance? They have an excellent score, one of the best in gaming history as far as I'm concerned.

Add Comment