User Avatar Image

Peeved at Ipad early launch!!!???

posted by vektsilver on - last edited - Viewed by 280 users

I am feeling a little ticked off that TellTale gave the Ipad first dibs on Sam N Max when its the PC community on this website that has been faithfully buying the game from the start.

Evey time I see pre-order for this game or ToMI, I jump right on it only to be told my pre-order launch is now going to be after the Ipad folks. Who might I mention dont really have a huge install base yet.

Seems like a disservice to the loyal customer base to me. Anyone else feel the same ?

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How is it any different...? we're getting S&M3 at the same time as it was originally planned.

Not to mention we will get some new S&M fans from the ipad version.

EDIT: In other words, if you don't have an ipad, you may as well forget that it was ever released early for another console, It's better than having a buggy PC/Mac/PS3 version...

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@vektsilver said:
    Seems like a disservice to the loyal customer base to me. Anyone else feel the same ?

Well, a lot of the people who posted in all the other threads about the iPad release.
    For example, see here or here.
    I don't feel peeved at all however (and yet, I'm one of the most loyal fans, having bought every Telltale game but CSI, all of them on preorder since the first season of Sam & Max and I even paid $19.99 for the first Bone game back in September 2005!).
    As has been stated in those other threads (and already in this one!), the early release on iPad does not affect the PC, Mac or PSN release in any way and anyone who preordered on those systems will still get the game when they expected to when they preordered it.
    If anything, some problems might be found and fixed before the PC, Mac and PSN release thanks to the earlier iPad release.
    All I want to say is good for Telltale and I hope the iPad version sells well!

• I'm with Telltale since the first Bone game. I'm a loyal customer. I've pre-ordered Season 3. I don't have an iPad. I'm not peeved. Not even a very little bit. Such amount of jealousy and selfishness is disgusting, all the hatred I read on the other threads makes me puke. And I feel ashamed for all those overreacting movement. Get a life, it eases to understand the world you're living in and teaches patience.

Oh, and by the way, do you remember the gametap's deal ? Goldfish.

• I was peeved, until I found out that the Ipad version ran like a bag of shit. Now I'm gloating.

• I was slightly annoyed. Now I don't care.

Still hate the actual device, but this release? Meh. Doesn't affect me or the conditions I ordered under. Direct Telltale customers still get the best treatment overall.

• I don't care, I didn't care, I never will care about things like this in the future. How many days earlier than the PC release was it? 9 days? Oooh...

• @haydenwce27 said: I don't care, I didn't care, I never will care about things like this in the future. How many days earlier than the PC release was it? 9 days? Oooh...

Some people seem to outrage when a game is released 3 hours later on steam. This has to be hell for them.

• @der_ketzer said: Some people seem to outrage when a game is released 3 hours later on steam. This has to be hell for them.

Remember the Screaming Narwhal launch? =D

• @der_ketzer said: Some people seem to outrage when a game is released 3 hours later on steam. This has to be hell for them.

Yes, but in this case (with the iPad), it's only a minority who are getting the game early. As vektsilver said, "the iPad folks don't have a huge install base yet". If it was the other way around, then it would be bad - if there were a large number of iPad buyers who had already bought the game, played it, and began flooding the forums while the PC users where forced to wait around while the stampeed of iPadders began to swarm around them spoiling everything (story, jokes, plot, characters, etc.). But that's not the case, it's only a small number of people who have the privilege of playing this game early, and good for them. They're not spoiling anything for us, so how does them getting the game early actually affect us - the answer is, it doesn't. I say we just suck it up and wait for the 15th.

• @Rather Dashing said: Remember the Screaming Narwhal launch? =D

No. Since I live in germany I will miss the release of the games most times. I'm used to it by now.
    @Rather Dashing said: [...]But that's not the case
    I am really wondering why that is. Maybe people are playing around with the hardware and not buying games yet?

Add Comment