User Avatar Image

ANSWERED: Q&A with... Steve Purcell!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

Yes. This is the awesomest thing.

Creator of Sam and Max and all around awesome guy Steve Purcell will be answering questions ongoing throughout this week! We'll be doing the questions in batches to allow for Steve's busy schedule so there's no official dates or times to speak of.

Have a life altering query? Maybe just a casual inquiry? Questions about Sam and Max, Telltale's games, or the meaning of life can all be posted here and magically answered through the powers of the internet!

WHEE! The first batch has been answered! They start right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956&page=6

184 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is Purcell really non-toxic? The box says so.
    (yes, I've been around for a long time)

• I don't know WHY this question popped into my head, but..

Have you ever been REALLY weirded out by a fan? Like..one that has a stalker-like infatuation with you and/or your characters?

I'll try thinking of a less creepy question later.

• 1. Nyarlathotep or Cthulhu? Which do you prefer?
    2. What primary philosophy do you abide by throughout your day to day life?
    3. What is your favorite semi-obscure cheesy B sci-fi/horror movie?
    4. What is the single most bizarre idea that has ever manifested somewhere within the squishy confines of your intellectual hemispheres?
    5. As a prospective engineer I have to know: What insane mechanical wonder do you want to see invented during your lifetime?

• How did you work on the old graphics in the first adventure games such as Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Loom and The Secret of Monkey Island? I guess you made a pencil-sketch of backgrounds and sprites and then you tried to match those on the screen.
    Am I right? :p
    How did you cope with the 4/16 colors limit?
    I've always been curious to know something more about the "old EGA craftmanship"! :D

• How do you think Ryan did with the design of Tales of Monkey Island?

• Which incarnation of your characters do you think is most true to your original intentions of them the cartoon, the original Hit the Run game, or Telltales newest series? Who are your favorite voice actors of all the ones that have portrayed Sam & Max over the years?

• Steve! Quick! The meaning of life!

Seriously, I can't think of many questions...Any online comics you frequent?

• Steve, I'm curious. How are you able to keep Sam & Max out of your Pixar life? Has anyone at Pixar discovered them casually and asked you about them? If so, who?

• Can you convince Pixar to do something Sam & Max based?

• Will you eventually be doing another Sam and Max comic?

This discussion has been closed.