User Avatar Image

Season 3 on the Xbox Petition

posted by The Strong Sad on - last edited - Viewed by 407 users

I just wanted to have all the Xbox owners remind Telltale that we WOULD DEFINITELY buy Sam and Max Season 3 on the Xbox 360. Sign your name or just say something!:)

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Pale Man said: Am I the only one that saw "TDP" and immediately thought of Thief: The Dark Project?

Yep - I read it as "TDR" and immediately thought of this... :p

np: Autechre - Acroyear2 (LP5)

• No. Petitions suck. It gets there when it gets there.

• I would like to have it on xbox 360, hopefully they do because i dont have a ps3 or ipad :( and my laptop lags sam & max and TOMI lol

• @Obsolete Critic said: Actually I wouldn't buy Season 3 of XBLA because the DRM is horrible. If you have to replace your Xbox 2 times in a single year, you can't play your games offline. I only buy XBLA games if they are ONLY available through that market, or if it is easier on XBLA (again, only digital market) than it is on Amazon (I have had problems with Amazon, I have ordered games in the past, and they sometimes do not arrive.).

How many times do you need to replace your console each year anyway? Plus I believe if you badger them enough Xbox Support can force a license transfer even if its not due yet. If you get your console repaired by Xbox Support themselves, they transfer over your old consoles serial number anyway so you don't even need to transfer the licenses.

I have also heard the PS3 is worse in that you can only download most games three times before you have to buy them again. I have not confirmed this myself, but I can believe it as Sony treat their customers like crap, far worse than Microsoft.

Granted, both those options are worse than buying from Steam, but personally I would prefer to play the game on my Xbox 360 any day. I am just sick of PC gaming and the constant struggle to get the settings "just right" so the game doesn't stutter. I actually prefer the graphics being toned down somewhat to fit on Xbox 360 if it means the game runs silky smooth. Often on PC you have to scale down worse anyway just to get it smooth, as its near impossible to figure out the exact right balance for your hardware, unless you plan to always have top specification hardware.

I played Bioshock 2 recently on my PC and Xbox 360. I can't say I noticed any major difference, just minor touches here and there that looked better on PC but only noticable if you are really looking for them. The controls however, far superior on the Xbox version as while aiming is better on PC (as it always is for first or third person shooters thanks to the mouse) there are too many buttons on the keyboard to do the different actions. But they are all at your fingertips on the Xbox.

So please PLEASE confirm that you are releasing Season 3 on Xbox 360, as I really don't feel like buying the PC or PS3 versions. I would personally be happy to buy it an episode at a time to get to play it sooner. The only reason I never got past episode 2 of Wallace and Gromit is that it simply is not as much fun and the controls could be really problematic. I hope Sam and Max does not suffer the same problems now its using the same control scheme.

• @Gothicchic25 said: I would like to have it on xbox 360, hopefully they do because i dont have a ps3 or ipad :( and my laptop lags sam & max and TOMI lol

EXACTLY the same for me

• I wish people would stop telling me to buy the first two games for the Xbox. I have played the games already!!! And i think the reason that the Xbox sales were so bad was because it came out years later. I'm just thinking that that will probably happen again if it doesn't get released soon.

Then there have also been replies suggesting that telltale might be waiting to release it as an entire season. I would be fine with waiting for that but I want to know about that by the the time TPZ is released so I don't just go to a friends house and watch him play for the PC and ruin all the puzzles.

• @The Strong Sad said: I wish people would stop telling me to buy the first two games for the Xbox. I have played the games already!!! And i think the reason that the Xbox sales were so bad was because it came out years later. I'm just thinking that that will probably happen again if it doesn't get released soon.

True. And also, if my counts are right, sales of 1 & 2 Season of Sam & Max on Xbox LIVE Arcade, make over 500,000 dolars. I don't know how much goes to Telltale but half absolutely. And conversion on XBLA if it would cost 100,000 dolars, which absolutely not, its still pretty big (and easy) money.

• All we're asking for is someone on the team to say "Hey x-Bros; you didn't hear it from me, but hang in there... You'll see soon enough that X will be on the BOX, nudge, nudge, eh?"

But yeah -- I already own the PC versions of Season 1 & 2... I got the xBox versions, because I like the quick loading times and great graphics.

I'll have to say, I'll be mighty dissapointed with TellTale if they snub us like that. Me and many others are Loyal Customers, and it will be a real, real shame if we get the cold shoulder.

• @Gothicchic25 said: I would like to have it on xbox 360, hopefully they do because i dont have a ps3 or ipad :( and my laptop lags sam & max and TOMI lol

The damn PS3 version even lags & I know the game isn't that damn powerful

• @Obsolete Critic said: Actually I wouldn't buy Season 3 of XBLA because the DRM is horrible. If you have to replace your Xbox 2 times in a single year, you can't play your games offline. I only buy XBLA games if they are ONLY available through that market, or if it is easier on XBLA (again, only digital market) than it is on Amazon (I have had problems with Amazon, I have ordered games in the past, and they sometimes do not arrive.).

Ummmm What?

There's no DRM on XBLA. And where does Amazon figure in any of this?!

Add Comment