User Avatar Image

17$ shipping for Europe is crazy

posted by viper1701 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Hi Telltale,

I'm an old customer who bought almost every single game since you started...

However I must say I'm very disappointed with the shipping cost for one freaking DVD sent to Europe (France in my case)

17$ for one DVD ? really ?

For comparison Amazon is charging 6$ for a dvd and very little more if you add one or two more.

I mean USPS is not even that good, it took weeks to receive Wallace & Gromit.

I'm sure there are less expensive shipping method, specially for telltale customers who receive this DVD as a "gift" and who probably don't mind waiting for a few weeks to receive their games (considering they can always download the digital version).

I hope you will be able to change this because this 17$ fee is really transforming the gift into a curse...

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GinnyN said: I do believe the actual problem is, there was a cheaper option before, but was way too unrealiable. I mean, for example, out of 3 orders, the postal office lost one of them.

This is true, my partner bought me the Sam & Max animated series for my birthday last year and it had to be resent because the first one was lost.

• I'm also very disappointed and feel a bit scammed about the "free DVD". I think TTG should either cover a part of the shipping costs or clearly state what "free DVD" really means before you have bought the whole season.

-Tony

• @tony_linux said: I'm also very disappointed and feel a bit scammed about the "free DVD". I think TTG should either cover a part of the shipping costs or clearly state what "free DVD" really means before you have bought the whole season.

-Tony

it alwasy says that you pay the shipping cost. It is up to you to inform yourself how much the shipping is since it is different for every country.
    And nobody forces you to order now. I am sure the next "free shipping if you buy a downloadable game"-Deal will come. Then it will be 8,90$ Shipping (cost of the game) or you can save up so you can get 2 DVDs at once.

• der_ketzler: Sure it's up to me to inform myself. However, I believe that I'm not terribly wrong saying that in this case the shipping costs should have been informed before the purchase.

Thanks for the ordering tips.

-Tony

• To heat things up, it's now over a month I placed the 'OK for the 17$ shipping costs' and I haven't received any DVD but someone did already take my money for the shipping costs (also a month ago). I also kind of thought that money would only get deducted at time of shipping. Guess it's indeed all up to me to inform myself :/

• The DVD's are not done yet, so it's no surprise they aren't shipped yet...

• Hm, weird... I placed an order for ~ $110, but I was still charged $35 for shipping... did I miss something?

I'm from Belgium (EU).

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@Eendje-X said: Hm, weird... I placed an order for ~ $110, but I was still charged $35 for shipping... did I miss something?

I'm from Belgium (EU).

Free shipping (for orders over $50) ended a few weeks ago.

• @tony_linux said: der_ketzler: Sure it's up to me to inform myself. However, I believe that I'm not terribly wrong saying that in this case the shipping costs should have been informed before the purchase.

It did say free + shipping costs. Sure the shipping is expensive but you knew you'd have to pay shipping so you should have checked.

Add Comment