User Avatar Image

If Ron Got to Make His MI3...

posted by plrichard on - last edited - Viewed by 257 users

If Ron somehow in the future gets to make his MI3, how would you want it to be.

Assume that he would (except in the alternate timeline options of course) incorporate all games as canon.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: You know, you've got some pretty good ideas there. I like this explanation. Although, being a married man myself, I'm not crazy about Elaine having married Guybrush because the Voodoo Lady made her do it.

Same hear. It makes me uneasy and uncomfortable. It's too close to "she did other things unwillingly".

However if the ring is something that was keeping power on Elaine, that would change things. I mean she gave it to Guybrush to protect him, and your theory would say that instead of protecting him it's putting him under a spell?
    On the other hand, Elaine is the VL's main obstacle, so it would make sense that she'd try to keep her in her control. That would also explain why although she suspected the VL, she said nothing: the ring prevented her to in some way.
    That could also explain why GB keeps doing whatever the VL says in Tales, even after it's revealed she has been manipulative. Maybe the ring is influencing him.

But I'm not sure how it fits with what happens at the very end of Tales with the ring.
    I like the rest of your theory, though.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@avistew said: Same hear. It makes me uneasy and uncomfortable. It's too close to "she did other things unwillingly".

However if the ring is something that was keeping power on Elaine, that would change things. I mean she gave it to Guybrush to protect him, and your theory would say that instead of protecting him it's putting him under a spell?
    On the other hand, Elaine is the VL's main obstacle, so it would make sense that she'd try to keep her in her control. That would also explain why although she suspected the VL, she said nothing: the ring prevented her to in some way.
    That could also explain why GB keeps doing whatever the VL says in Tales, even after it's revealed she has been manipulative. Maybe the ring is influencing him.

But I'm not sure how it fits with what happens at the very end of Tales with the ring.
    I like the rest of your theory, though.

The ring could still have the bond of love. Even if Elaine's devotion to Guybrush in The Curse of Monkey Island was manipulated by the Voodoo Lady, it's been many years now since the events in that game. Guybrush has grown up, and he and Elaine have grown closer. It's very possible their love for each other is now real, regardless of how it originally came about.

• @Jennifer said: The ring could still have the bond of love. Even if Elaine's devotion to Guybrush in The Curse of Monkey Island was manipulated by the Voodoo Lady, it's been many years now since the events in that game. Guybrush has grown up, and he and Elaine have grown closer. It's very possible their love for each other is now real, regardless of how it originally came about.

That's actually a pretty cool idea.

• @Spadge said: Ahh, just take MI2's ending as a big joke and don't worry about MI3.

A JOKE in a cartoon pirate comedy game? Nahhhhhh! :p

• Well, I'm on the 'Ron, just finish it on your own' team, to see what was supposed to be... BUT... what about release a special edition of CMI (not touched, not re-done) just with an... 'alternate' ending?... or an 'alternate' storyline. It would be very similar to what companies do with films when they release them in DVD wih special features, alternate endings and scenes deleted.

You know what I mean?

I think it could be the best option to respect both 'crews'.

• This thread is making me dizzy - we just keep going around in circles.

• ^ That Giga.de interview is quite cool.

• You forgot the variant "CMI graphics".

Add Comment