User Avatar Image

ANSWERED: Q&A with... Steve Purcell!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

Yes. This is the awesomest thing.

Creator of Sam and Max and all around awesome guy Steve Purcell will be answering questions ongoing throughout this week! We'll be doing the questions in batches to allow for Steve's busy schedule so there's no official dates or times to speak of.

Have a life altering query? Maybe just a casual inquiry? Questions about Sam and Max, Telltale's games, or the meaning of life can all be posted here and magically answered through the powers of the internet!

WHEE! The first batch has been answered! They start right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956&page=6

184 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dear Mr. Purcell

First off, I've come to grow fond of the Sam & Max series over time. I'll admit I... used a friend's copy of the first two in a questionable manner... But I eventually got addicted and ended up buying them all.

My questions are as follows:
    1) How do you feel about your own work? When you look at it, are you more proud of what you accomplished, or bothered by all its shortcomings?

2a) Could you name a comic or set of characters you feel is much better than your own work?
    b) Could you name a comic or set of characters you feel is equal to your own work? (E.G. Has as much room for improvement/perfection as your own)

3) How much of your free time is spent with video games, comics, and other areas related to your work?

4) Have any kids you're willing to gush about? ;)

• 1. Why are you so awesome?
    2. How do you type with awesome gloves on?
    3. Is your brother ever angry at the fact that you obtained the rights to this extremely profitable duo, when he created them originally?

• Do your ravenous fans ever worry you?

• I love the LeChuck's Revenge cover art. I have a poster of it hanging above my computer desk. Do you have any cool stories about it? How long did it take you to make? What were you going for when you started on it? How much artistic freedom did you have, how much input did LucasArts get on it?

I have two copies of the Surfin' the Highway hardcover. The second is sitting on a shelf in shrinkwrap, waiting for a disaster to happen to the other, which I read regularly(and carefully!). Is this a horrible sin against comics? :(

Do you play the Telltale games?

Of the Telltale products, what one aspect has made you the most proud?

Why monkeys?

Why monkeys that smoke?

Is all that skill and concentrated awesome heavy on your shoulders?

• @Rather Dashing said:

Why monkeys that smoke?

I hope that one isn't answered.
    Learning that there's any reason behind it would ruin the whole awesomeness of the smoking monkeys for me :eek:

• The awesomeness of smoking monkeys isn't destroyed that easily, Astro Gnocci :p

• @Didero said: The awesomeness of smoking monkeys isn't destroyed that easily, Astro Gnocci :p

but my faith in the awesomeness of stuff is, sadly :(

• im a HUGE doctor who fan can you please try too make it:eek:

• @Astro Gnocci said: but my faith in the awesomeness of stuff is, sadly :(

It's okay. I have an exercise for you. It should renew your faith in the awesomeness of things.

Kid, try imagining how far the universe extends! Keep thinking about it until you go insane!

• *leaves a bag of bread on top of the refrigerator for a long time.*

*Watches it turn grey.*

*Throws the bad tasting bread at Rather Dashing and runs away giggling.*

Teehee!

This discussion has been closed.