User Avatar Image

ANSWERED: Q&A with... Steve Purcell!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

Yes. This is the awesomest thing.

Creator of Sam and Max and all around awesome guy Steve Purcell will be answering questions ongoing throughout this week! We'll be doing the questions in batches to allow for Steve's busy schedule so there's no official dates or times to speak of.

Have a life altering query? Maybe just a casual inquiry? Questions about Sam and Max, Telltale's games, or the meaning of life can all be posted here and magically answered through the powers of the internet!

WHEE! The first batch has been answered! They start right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956&page=6

184 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @StonkBad said: Can you convince Pixar to do something Sam & Max based?

:cool:ditto.

• Ok. After thinking and thinking about a question in my bunker, I got one. A some sort of question.

You see, I translated the Big Sleep Webcomic, you can see it here. I know I must had asked for permition before buuutttttt, well, in the Webpage I'm hosted it didn't actually require for a permition from the original author. Now they are asking that. Of course, if you or Telltale had any problem with that I'll shut down the translation at once. And, I hope I didn't do so bad work (I tried my best with the editing. Really).

I just used my whole personality reserve. I'll go to dig up some more. If I find some more.

• I know that you're a very busy man at Pixar and I don't want you to have to answer a borderline ridonkulous amount of questions, but I was wondering if you ever come to the east coast.

I live in North Carolina, and we don't really have any kind of conventions here outside of the occasional anime convention (which are about 45% more irritating and 800% more crazy than regular comic conventions) so it's hard if not completely impossible to meet any half decent (or in your case amazing) artists.

Have you ever wanted to visit a specific place on the east coast?

• Not a question, but I just finished making these and thought you might enjoy seeing them:

sammaxdone.pngsammaxdone02.pngsammaxdone03.png

(I used the same template so, obviously, they're not to scale :p)

• My only question has been asked already, but I shall ask it anyway. Why hasn't Pixar green-lit a Sam and Max movie, thereby catapulting them into wild mainstream popularity?

• Those are amazing, avistew! I knitted a slipper (of all things) in school almost twenty years ago, and it wasn't really for me, since I didn't have the skills or patience to complete the pair. Now I suddenly want to learn it properly, if only to make something like that. How long did it take you to make Sam? He looks incredibly complex.

• @bamse said: Those are amazing, avistew! I knitted a slipper (of all things) in school almost twenty years ago, and it wasn't really for me, since I didn't have the skills or patience to complete the pair. Now I suddenly want to learn it properly, if only to make something like that. How long did it take you to make Sam? He looks incredibly complex.

If you go to the welcome thread and look for my posts, you'll see some "in progress" shots. And you should see the date I finished Max, which is when I started Sam (although I didn't work on Sam every day).

• That is very awesome Avistew! When are you going to make more so I can buy some?? ;)

• Wish I could think of some questions, but I've got a feeling that you'll be busy enough with answering to all these 5 pages that have gathered up, so..

Let me just say this: you rock! Your art is amazing. Every once in a while I pick up my copy of Surfin' the Highway, open up the last pages and stare in awe of all that gorgeous artwork you have made.

Thank you for creating Sam & Max! :D (Even if your brother invented them first, you're the one who really brought these two to life, after all!)

(oh and Avistew, those are adorable! Awesome work!)

This discussion has been closed.