User Avatar Image

ANSWERED: Q&A with... Steve Purcell!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

Yes. This is the awesomest thing.

Creator of Sam and Max and all around awesome guy Steve Purcell will be answering questions ongoing throughout this week! We'll be doing the questions in batches to allow for Steve's busy schedule so there's no official dates or times to speak of.

Have a life altering query? Maybe just a casual inquiry? Questions about Sam and Max, Telltale's games, or the meaning of life can all be posted here and magically answered through the powers of the internet!

WHEE! The first batch has been answered! They start right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956&page=6

184 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OOH OHH! ME ME! I HAVE A QUESTION!

What do you like drawing best with? I.e, do you prefer doing your art digitally, with pencil, or paint.. ect...

Now here comes the part where I gush - I love your art! Especially the Monkey Island box arts that you have created! I don't know where your ideas come from, but I sure hope they keep coming!

• So wait, when are these questions going to get answered?

• Quick question-why did the animated series get axed after one season? They were the highlight of whatever day they were on?

• @ted12 said: Quick question-why did the animated series get axed after one season? They were the highlight of whatever day they were on?

Wasn't that because the censors thought it was too edgy or something?

• @bigdondoo said: So wait, when are these questions going to get answered?

We should be getting responses very soon! Sit tight.

• Does "The Devil's Playhouse" take any ideas from the cancelled "Sam and Max Plunge Through Space"? Do you take over creative control of the games? What was Sam and Max like when your brother owned the characters? How different were they from your vision of the characters? Would you ever make a Sam and Max Movie?

• Awesome work avistew! :)

Hey Steve! As an artist/animator-wannabe, I enjoy drawing my favorite characters and Sam and Max are no exception. However, I'm horrid when it comes to drawing Sam. Do you have a guideline that you follow when drawing him? :)

I'm also curious: does your brother play the games or read the comics? What does he think of the success the characters have achieved?

• What made you choose the Names Sam&Max? Why not Steve and Mike for example? Or Sam and fluffy?

• @Friar said: What made you choose the Names Sam&Max? Why not Steve and Mike for example? Or Sam and fluffy?

Actually, his brother chose the names. go read the summer of sam and max. its cool.

more questions:
    Are you ever going to finish the gibbon story?
    Will you do any more comics, web or otherwise?
    Do you like marshmallows?

• Have you ever considered having a small print run of the web-comic? Might be a nice little item for the TelltaleStore...

This discussion has been closed.