User Avatar Image

What do you look like? (Post a Pic!)

posted by Ashton on - last edited - Viewed by 25.8K users

I was just posting to one of these on another forum and decided to post on here too when I was stunned to find there is not a thread on here for it! (and I searched! I searched through of 17 pages of results!)

So, very simple 1-5 pics of yourself per post, no double-posting pics (though if you want to post more you can at a later point. Please no photoshopping (except red-eye removal or brightness/contrast)

I'll go first

Another_Frontal_View_by_Neko_0ni.jpg

click for full-size view!

Ok, who's th next victem? I mean volunteer! ;)

2.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Will said: *cough* actually, getting a negative score is kind of the whole point.

<-- just spent a week on a golf course

Did you miss the time where he said looking goofy improved his score? :p

Although to be fair I didn't mean negative as compared to the par, but negative period. Because he's so goofy that his score is not even 18 (which, honestly, good luck to get a hole in one on each hole lol) but even LESS than that.

• @avistew said: Did you miss the time where he said looking goofy improved his score? :p

Although to be fair I didn't mean negative as compared to the par, but negative period. Because he's so goofy that his score is not even 18 (which, honestly, good luck to get a hole in one on each hole lol) but even LESS than that.

But that would be BETTER THAN PERFECT.

• Yes. I'm saying if the goofier you look, the better your score, he must be better than perfect.

• Here, tag added for posterity.

• Why does our golfer friend photo look to me like it's a missing scene from that old Disney movie "Honey I shrunk the kids"?

• @avistew said: Rape is about lack of consent, and someone who can't speak (because paralysed, nonverbal or whatever) can definitely get raped. However rape is about violence, both sexual and mental (it's an act of control most of all) so something that doesn't have any feelings, be them emotional or physical, can't be raped.
    So I'm afraid closets aren't considered rapable by law. If your closets are offended by that I suggest they start fighting for this right.

Well, most definitions do not consider violence an integral part of rape, although one or two do suggest that rape is "usually" accomplished through violence.

Here are some definitions from Wiktionary:

Verb

To force sexual intercourse or other sexual activity upon another person, without their consent.

To abuse an object in an extreme manner.
    The loggers raped the virgin forest

(slang) To dominate in a contest.
    My experienced opponent will rape me at chess.

As you can see, the closets are inrapable according to the first definition because they are not human. The third definition may apply in some abstract cases, but it is not likely. The second definition, however, is more interesting.

In order to first operationalize "abuse," we must find the purpose of a closet. It is generally accepted that closets are intended for storing items, so to do anything other than that would be abuse. However, abuse of the object on its own does not qualify as rape just yet.

The object in question must be abused in an "extreme" manner if it is to claim that it has been raped. First, let us define "extreme". Wiktionary gives us: "The greatest or utmost point, degree or condition; Each of the things at opposite ends of a range or scale." From this, we can assume that in order to abuse a closet in an "extreme manner," one must render the closet entirely incapable of ever storing items again.

If my client were to break the closet in the course of his sexual liaison, therefore, (which he did) then he would have raped the closet. Or would he? Let's back up a little bit here. I have an audio-tape of my client recorded before the supposed rape stating that he wished to, and I quote, "temporarily store my penis in that closet." In light of this, it can be plainly seen that my client was not, in fact, "abusing" the closet. He was fulfilling the closets purpose. This means that although the end outcome (i.e., the closet being incapable to be used properly ever again) is the same as it would have been were the closet to be raped, the act which produced this outcome was not, in fact, rape.

The defence rests.

• So much for user pics. Here's another one of me. I'm the one in the back.

DSC01501.jpg

...what?

• 3011309890_be12d7babf_b.jpg

I guess this is one of the other cool pics of me.

• @Fealiks said: Well, most definitions do not consider violence an integral part of rape, although one or two do suggest that rape is "usually" accomplished through violence.

It would really depend on your definition of violence. But I'll give you I'm definitely influenced by the French word for rape being "viol", and rape being considered legally part of "violent crimes" along with murder and torture.

The word used in your first definition, "force", probably expresses it better than "violence", though.

Add Comment