User Avatar Image

ANSWERED: Q&A with... Steve Purcell!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

Yes. This is the awesomest thing.

Creator of Sam and Max and all around awesome guy Steve Purcell will be answering questions ongoing throughout this week! We'll be doing the questions in batches to allow for Steve's busy schedule so there's no official dates or times to speak of.

Have a life altering query? Maybe just a casual inquiry? Questions about Sam and Max, Telltale's games, or the meaning of life can all be posted here and magically answered through the powers of the internet!

WHEE! The first batch has been answered! They start right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956&page=6

184 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My only question would be about what you think of the idea of a Sam & Max: Hit the Road Special Edition. If you were to consider a such thing, would you want it to be in full 3D (by Telltale Games), 2D with 3D-looking sprites or 2D with cartoon sprites. Also, would you have the voice acting re-done with the current voice actors, or use the original voices. (I prefer the new ones personally)

Lots of the new fans haven't had the chance to play Hit the Road. At least here in the UK where it is very hard to come by.

@borgtrek7 said: im a HUGE doctor who fan can you please try too make it:eek:

Are you aware that there is a free episodic adventure game series coming in a few months? It is being worked on by Charles Cecil, the creator of Broken Sword.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_100408_01/Doctor_Who_Adventure_Games_announced

• @Graxer said:
    Lots of the new fans haven't had the chance to play Hit the Road. At least here in the UK where it is very hard to come by.

What are you talking about I found Hit the Road easily in fact it was in the shop awhile before I got it... that was the only copy wasn't it.

• @mr_nutt said: What are you talking about I found Hit the Road easily in fact it was in the shop awhile before I got it... that was the only copy wasn't it.

I've never seen it in the shops personally. I got it on ebay in the end, but I looked for years in all the usual game stores. (Game, Gamestation, PC World, etc.) and I have never seen a copy. I still look out for it (and other ScummVM games) among PC games and I still haven't seen it. I think the copy you saw is likely the only copy and it had just been there for a while.

• I've got 2 questions for Mr. Purcell:

1. What kind of cool Sam and Max swag have you got? A mug shaped like Max's head, perhaps?

2. Any plans to replace Max with a sociopathic gibbon in the near future?

• Well I think I should really ask a question if I'm going to keep posting here.
    What ever happened to the characters from the cartoon? (you know like Darla "The Geek" Gugenheek or even Lorne (the friend for life))

• @Yarbskoo said: 1. What kind of cool Sam and Max swag have you got? A mug shaped like Max's head, perhaps?

That sounds like it would be pretty impractical to drink from, with the ears getting in the way and whatnot.

• Can you recap how Sam and Max were created? Do you still have the early (your brother's) Sam & Max cartoons? Any chance of these getting published in a collection?

For the history recap check out this classic link from the Telltale site http://www.telltalegames.com/summerofsamandmax/history/history1/.
    I think my brother Dave has posted some of his old comics drawings on the Telltale Forums. If you all pester him I'm sure he'd be happy to share some more!

• *kicks forum until it displays Steve's account as legit*

• @Joop said: What do you think really marks your style and who are your inspirations?

I love paintings that show the workings of how they are made so I try to do that with mine. I'm inspired by classic illustrators like NC Wyeth, Norman Rockwell and JC LeyenDecker. Mad Magazine cartoonists Mort Drucker and Al Jaffee, filmmakers Billy Wilder, Martin Scorsese, Clint Eastwood, Mike Nichols, etc...

• @nikasaur said: *kicks forum until it displays Steve's account as legit*

You make my day ^^!

This discussion has been closed.