User Avatar Image

No Private forum access.

posted by Derrick on - last edited - Viewed by 254 users

I preordered Monday and still have not received my private forum access info. Or even a order confirmation email with free game code.

I waited a day, emailed support, waited another day, and still nothing. So where I stand now, I will not get private forum access before it it locked down.

The episodes do show in my games, and my email is correct. It does not go to a spam folder, they just have not sent me anything.

I'm still upset at the shafting I received on pre-ordering Monkey Island. Having pre-ordered, I get the limited edition jacket. But wait, anyone ordering the game extras can now get it too. If I want the game extras, it cost me the same as what they pay for the extras. Even though I am supposed to get the jacket for free. So in reality, if I buy the extras, I should get a discount or 2 jackets.

This pre-ordering is becoming a waste of time. I should just wait a year and get it at a lower price. I am leaning towards doing this.

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GinnyN said: Just checking, did you recieve the confirmation email of the purchase? There's come everything you need. Just scroll down.

They said they didn't in the part you quoted.

• @avistew said: They said they didn't in the part you quoted.

I know, but I'm just checking if is a some sort of language abuse. If by any chance he was waiting for a SECOND email with the free game code. Or at least that I understand of that phrase.

If it's not the case, I'm sorry, but it's the only thing I can think. All my confirmations emails for all the purchases I did in the past appears almost inmediatly, so, If I don't ask for everything I can think off, we will running in circles.

• @GinnyN said: I know, but I'm just checking if is a some sort of language abuse. If by any chance he was waiting for a SECOND email with the free game code. Or at least that I understand of that phrase.

Pretty much. I did read that they "didn't recieve the e-mail", but I wanted to double-check to make sure it wasn't the same thing.

And if they didn't get an order confirmation mail, they should check their Spam/Trash folder. Automated messages end up there all the time.

Another common user error is not checking the e-mail address that is linked to the Telltale account.

• Yep, like my initial post says:

1.) I did not receive a confirmation E-mail.

2.) It is not in my spam folder. I don't have a spam folder for the e-mail I use with TellTale. And yes, I have checked all my other e-mail accounts just in case.

3.) I still have not heard from customer service.

4.) Yes, by the time Telltale does anything for me, the private forum will be locked.

:D

Thanks.

• @Derrick said: Yep, like my initial post says:

1.) I did not receive a confirmation E-mail.

2.) It is not in my spam folder. I don't have a spam folder for the e-mail I use with TellTale. And yes, I have checked all my other e-mail accounts just in case.

3.) I still have not heard from customer service.

4.) Yes, by the time Telltale does anything for me, the private forum will be locked.

Thanks.

Okkk... that's weird. Probably there's some kind of problem for preparing the launch of the Penal Zone. It's the only thing I can think of. I hope you recieve the e-mail before the forum thingie got locked.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@light_rises said: This needs to be done differently next time. The way this was handled with ToMI pre-orders -- having you redirected after ordering to a special page that clearly indicated "Click here to get private forum access!" -- was much better. There seemed to be a lot less confusion.

The ideal way would be to not require any more user interaction then pre-ordering, i.e. if you pre-order you get access to the private forum automatically.

Maybe that's gonna happen when TTG has it's new web staff and builds the "world-class E-commerce and content site".

• Do you use Gmail? Their anti-spam catches stuff before it even hits your inbox, and gets added to your spambox.
    Including legit mails sometimes, which could be the case here (S&M!).

Also, jacket?

• @Hassat Hunter said: Do you use Gmail? Their anti-spam catches stuff before it even hits your inbox, and gets added to your spambox.
    Including legit mails sometimes, which could be the case here (S&M!).

Per my first and second replies:
    I do not have a spam folder. And no, I do not use Gmail.
    Thanks anyways.

@Hassat Hunter said: Also, jacket?

DVD Jacket, sleeve, cover, slipcase, whatever. It was a TOMI bonus for pre-ordering that is now available to all for the same price as those that pre-ordered.

• I have been p-mailed access to the private forum.

Now I just await the original confirmation with my free game code, etc.

Thanks for trying to help folks.

• All right, got you all set up with the code and forum access, let me know if there's any other troubles!

Add Comment