User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Penal Zone discussion!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

penalzone.jpg

It's here, so, new thread! For the old discussion look here.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
The Penal Zone

Trailer and stuff on the official site

Here's the official spiel: "The new season Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse is the biggest, strangest and most epic to date. As the saga begins, an otherworldy power for controlling matter and space calls to the strongest and strangest who might wield it - intergalactic warlords and eldritch gods, under-dwellers and scholars of the arcane.

Gaming's greatest dog and rabbit sleuths Sam & Max seek the power's ancient secrets, as Max gains shape shifting, teleportation, mind reading and future vision abilities for battling these foes. The saga plays out in a surreal 5 month-long symphony of mayhem that gets deeper and more twisted with each episode."

So it's out, and you guys are probably downloading or playing it! What do you think? Let's ruminate on the Penal Zone together!

Haven't played it yet? We're also rounding up some reviews over in this thread.

301 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @jared25 said: Sex jokes, Psychic powers, Devil, if you need to know what not to do next do not include demons. Could you get anymore sacrilegious. :confused:

You didn't play 205, did you?

In topic-related news, I loved this episode! Everything about it was a step up from the previous two seasons, and that is saying something. The graphical improvements in some areas (the first sighting of the street and the renovated Stinky's come to mind) were just a "Wow" moment for me. Definitely worth the money to pay for the whole season in advance. :>

I had a long debate with myself over whether or not to get it for the PS3 or the PC, but seeing the TF2 tie-in bonus kinda sealed the deal. Not only did I get a good ~5 hour experience with what is looking like the best season of Sam and Max yet, but I have also discovered the joy of poking holes in Heavy Weapons Guys with my brand new Lugermorph. :D

• @jared25 said: Sex jokes, Psychic powers, Devil, if you need to know what not to do next do not include demons. Could you get anymore sacrilegious. :confused:

In the finale of Season Two, you go to Hell. You meet The Devil. The heroes are seen as pretty awesome figures down there, the protagonists have contributed a great deal to Hell. There are all sorts of really awesome sexual jokes in that one.

Besides, God won't care, in the same way that the Easter Bunny won't mind if I say he's fat.

• Damn you guys! I'm stuck in Episode 205 and cant wait to start 301! :(

• I haven't gotten very far into the game yet so I'm avoiding reading much of the forum and especially this thread, but let me just say: amazing! The graphics really take it to a new level, the music is following suit and I love all the interface changes. I feel a new milestone has been reached: THIS is what an adventure game of the 21st century is like.

• @Falanca said: RobD?

Now that will be totally weird but... Are you Rob DenBleyker by any chance?

Nope! But I do love Cyanide and Happiness.:D

• My ever-loving mind is officially blown in a way I didn't think Sam and Max was capable of. Bravo, Telltale.

• Well, after that I am really looking forward to The Tome of Sam and Max... er, I mean, Sammun-Mak.

• Loved it. I loved everything about it. Except for the glitches that made me have to reload my last save, but they only happened three times.

The future vision puzzles were interesting as well. I couldn't stop feeling like I was cheating by using them, even though some are necessary. And my two favourite songs from Season 2, the music from Stinky's in the 80s and the music in the sewers in 205, were in the episode. That made me happy.

1000 posts! Almost like it planned it. Ha ha ha ha.

...I didn't.

Add Comment