User Avatar Image

Any more W&G?

posted by KevinD872 on - last edited - Viewed by 944 users

Well, I'm probably one of many who came here for ToMI and stayed for just about everything else! :D I've purchased all the S&M titles as well as W&G.

I know that a new S&M is coming out (yay!) but I am guessing that there will be no more W&G? I know it's a bit on the easy side and probably aimed at people a quarter of my age, but I kind of liked it and would like to see more.

Anyone have any info on it? Is this series dead? Only one (short) season?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I came here for ToMI too , and bought all S&M episodes and W&G. TTG are busy with Sam and Max Season 3 , and after that i think that they will start a second season of ToMI , so it will be a while...

• @KevinD872 said:

Anyone have any info on it? Is this series dead? Only one (short) season?

Nah, Telltale won't leave this series, there's still a lot to do with it. Right now Telltale has "other" priorities to handle at the moment.

• Yeah I know they have other priorities, but I get the impression that W&G isn't a huge seller (I hope I'm wrong). I really liked the games and would like to see more. It seems like the W&G season was a bit short, which makes me feel a bit like they abandoned it (though not as much as Bone, which I admit didn't seem to interest me).

• It was always planned to be a 4 episode season, so no it's not abandoned. However, I have no idea if they will do another. I hope it sold well enough to justify another, I love Wallace & Grommit almost as I love Sam & Max!

• The episode count wasn't where they abandoned the series for shinier, more lucrative opportunities. That was the DVD.

It's obvious from the rushed, haphazard nature of the W&G DVD that it didn't perform as well as they hoped. Even during the series' own damn run, the upcoming Tales usurped its place obscenely fast. Bogey Man was only front page material for a day.

It's a shame, too. The games themselves are GREAT, some of the best adventures Telltale has done.

• hi guyz
    i came here being told by my best friend that telltale games is really cool
    he has i think all of ToMI and he has all of S&M he has subscribed to the 3rd season
    he bought me all of W&G in a gift package it is awesome X D
    cant w8 till doctor who adventures in time comes out yay X D

• @Rather Dashing said:
    It's obvious from the rushed, haphazard nature of the W&G DVD that it didn't perform as well as they hoped. Even during the series' own damn run, the upcoming Tales usurped its place obscenely fast. Bogey Man was only front page material for a day.

It was a risky venture - I wish it worked out, because I'd have loved to see more, but it's obviously not the case.

The DVD is a bit of shame, though - I personally liked the Cracking Contraptions collection in 720p, but there's hardly more to the disk...

• I love the W&G series and feel it did a masterful job of capturing that universe and crafting games within it. I bought all four episodes on Xbox Live, full price, and felt it was money well spent. I'd be very, very disappointed if it was a one-and-done license. I want to spend more time with these characters!

• The first season is very funny. I hope they do a second season. I would buy it first day (on the PC of course).

• I've bought the first season at least 3 times over so far, so I certainly hope they do another season.

Add Comment