User Avatar Image

S&M 301 crash woes (Mac)

posted by light_rises on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

This problem's a bit different than the other crash thread, so I hope making this one is okay ...

Around the middle of the title sequence -- and always in the same place -- the game crashes. I've launched it three times, changing the graphics quality and resolution to see if I could break past it. Nothing doing. :(

I have a feeling a redownload/install will be in order. In which case ... how do I keep my saves? Is that done automatically, or do I have to do something with them before I reinstall?

FWIW, I've attached the last crash report. If you guys need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The saves will be kept automatically. Just in case, it also couldn't hurt to turn you quality all the way down with the lowest resolution to see if you can make it through that point.

• Yeah, I have the exact same problem, running on 2.5 Ghz Intel core 2 duo macbook pro. It freezes in the same place, everything. I tried reducing the graphics quality and resolution and running in windowed mode, but nothing worked.

• Same result here. 2008 MacBook Pro, running at 800x600, graphics level 1. Tried windowed and full-screen. Running Mac OS 10.5.8. Crashes in the same place.

Matt P.

• Yep, precisely my problem, as well. Same place in the intro.

MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.5.8

I was running at full res/graphics, but it sounds like it happens regardless.

• I have the same problem. I think that it is the programers credits that are on the screen when my game is crashing. I have tried playing both full resolution and at the lowest resolution.
    I have also had the image of the open cardboard box in the middle of the screen during the opening scene until the tutorial was about to start, at which point the game froze.
    I have a 2009 MacBook (2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) running OS X 10.6.2.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

You can add my name to the list.
    Playing the game on an iMac (2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) running OSx 10.6.3.
    Tried lowering the quality (not all the way down, though), but it didn't help.
    I was going to lower it all the way and lower the resolution as well (I was playing in 1680 x 1050) but I saw light_rises' posts and realized that the game crashes in the exact same spot for me.

• Do any of you guys have a crash dump you could supply? that would provide us with a lot of information. Thanks!

• I have the same problem on my Mac as light_rises. The game crashes at what I assume is the end of the intro sequence after I've finished the tutorial on Skunkape's ship. Same place every time. I guess I could try Boot Camp with the Windows version which always worked for the previous Telltale games.

Macbook Pro, running:

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
    Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 4 Gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

• I do have the exact problem, tried on an iMac (20 inch early 2008) with a 2.4 GHz Core2Duo and an ATI Radeon 2400.

Game was choppy most of the time, until I had it in 800x600 and level 5 detail. Will try on my even older MacBook Pro (also ATI Radeon 2400 but 2.16 GHz Core2Duo).

I'm not at home, but how could I send you the crash report?

Also, both computers have 1GB RAM and both have Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Add Comment