463 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dear God. This is awesome. I've been asking for a Telltale game in Dank/Dunk-style for ages, but I sort of lost hope it would ever happen. This made the endless awesomeness of Sam & Max 301 just a bit more endless.

• Telltale shouldn't release on DS. It's freakishly easy to pirate games for it. Even Nintendo, which spent millions developing new anti-piracy for Pokemon and Mario RPG 3!!! were cracked in less than a week. In terms of consoles, it's one of the most exploited systems out there.

This game looks like it could work in Iphone, and I think we'll see an Ipad release. I'm hoping for a PC release too though. That would be awesome.

• What are you calling "Mario RPG 3"? I thought Paper Mario 2 was Mario RPG 3.

• @avistew said: What are you calling "Mario RPG 3"? I thought Paper Mario 2 was Mario RPG 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_%26_Luigi:_Bowser%27s_Inside_Story

I think he means this.

• Mh, so the second one would be partners in time I'm guessing? Would the first one still be the same or was there another handheld Mario RPG?

• @Fury said: Telltale shouldn't release on DS. It's freakishly easy to pirate games for it. Even Nintendo, which spent millions developing new anti-piracy for Pokemon and Mario RPG 3!!! were cracked in less than a week. In terms of consoles, it's one of the most exploited systems out there.

Ahhh... come on! Nothing will make more happy than a Telltale Game for the DS, and there's some public for Adventure Games there. At least it's me =P

• @avistew said: Mh, so the second one would be partners in time I'm guessing? Would the first one still be the same or was there another handheld Mario RPG?

Ok, Super Star Saga is Mario and Luigi RPG.
    Partners in Time is Mario and Luigi RPG 2 x 2
    Bowser's Inside Story is Mario and Luigi RPG 3!!!

At least in japan.

• But Paper Mario follows stuff from Mario RPG 1! So it should count as a sequel. Plus it's an RPG too...

Why didn't they count it?

• @GinnyN said: Ok, Super Star Saga is Mario and Luigi RPG.
    Partners in Time is Mario and Luigi RPG 2 x 2
    Bowser's Inside Story is Mario and Luigi RPG 3!!!

At least in japan.

They're great. I adore them almost as much as Paper Mario. My name Fawful comes from the main villain of Mario and Luigi 3 and also from Mario and Luigi 1.

They did count Paper Mario but Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG and Mario and Luigi are three different series. Paper Mario doesn't relate at all to Super Mario RPG for the SNES.

• It was so depressing in Taiwan looking for a copy of Heartgold, because most of the places were no longer selling ds carts due to the rampant piracy everywhere. Out of the 15 game shops I went to, only 3 sold actual games. It never occurred to me how much of a problem it was until I saw the damage it took first hand.

Add Comment