463 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: Paper Mario doesn't relate at all to Super Mario RPG for the SNES.

It... doesn't?
    I thought it did >.> Not like a direct sequel, but still. Maybe it's just me then.

• @avistew said: It... doesn't?
    I thought it did >.> Not like a direct sequel, but still. Maybe it's just me then.

Paper Mario was called Mario RPG 2 in Japan, but at the time it was the second Mario RPG and they were the only ones around. However Paper Mario uses completely different gameplay, graphical styles, characters, story elements, and environments. The Mushroom Kingdom itself is completely different as well. It make no references direct or indirect to Super Mario RPG. It since has had two sequels of its own and has become a series.

• Paper Mario 2, in my opinion, is the best Mario game ever made. :D Gotta love it.

Anyway back on topic, I'd love to see a game like that for iPad.

Ooh, 250th post.

• @Giant Tope said: It was so depressing in Taiwan looking for a copy of Heartgold, because most of the places were no longer selling ds carts due to the rampant piracy everywhere. Out of the 15 game shops I went to, only 3 sold actual games. It never occurred to me how much of a problem it was until I saw the damage it took first hand.

We have rampant piracy too, in Chile, but the diference here we have a copyright law, unlike China for instance, where they don't.

It's difficult to sell video games here, and the shops are ussually in big cities, and not in small towns. Also, they are hella expensive. I mean, really expensive. Now I think they are more affordable than in the past, but they are still expensive. In fact, a whole season of a Telltale game is normally the half of the price of a Wii Game. PS3 and X360 are more expensive for a while.

Now we are less underdeveloped than in the past, but we still have a ton of piracy everywhere for everything.

@Giant Tope said: Paper Mario was called Mario RPG 2 in Japan.

Was it called "Mario Story"?

• @GinnyN said:

Was it called "Mario Story"?

Ah yeah I guess I was thinking of the old version of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNW6X-D8Jw8

• speaking of Nintendo I just learned today that the Nintendo company has been around since the late 1800s... unfortunately they made playing cards and not steampunk like videogame machines...

• @Irishmile said: speaking of Nintendo I just learned today that the Nintendo company has been around since the late 1800s... unfortunately they made playing cards and not steampunk like videogame machines...

I will love to talk about Nintendo (Considering they start as a Card company, then decided to change to other thing, becoming a toy company and then start to do just video games) but I don't think the Huldufólk will like that

• If they do release Scoggins (assuming it's to be a game) on the DS, I wonder if it'll be on a cartridge or downloadable through the DSIWare. My bets on DSIWare.

• @jeeno0142 said: If they do release Scoggins (assuming it's to be a game) on the DS, I wonder if it'll be on a cartridge or downloadable through the DSIWare. My bets on DSIWare.

ARGH!
    If it's on DSiWare, that means it's DSi-exclusive. I didn't even think of that possibility. Then I couldn't play it :(

• @Irishmile said: speaking of Nintendo I just learned today that the Nintendo company has been around since the late 1800s... unfortunately they made playing cards and not steampunk like videogame machines...

They've also dabbled in many other industries over the years. Like taxi cabs and love hotels.

Add Comment