User Avatar Image

S&M 301 crash woes (Mac)

posted by light_rises on - last edited - Viewed by 843 users

This problem's a bit different than the other crash thread, so I hope making this one is okay ...

Around the middle of the title sequence -- and always in the same place -- the game crashes. I've launched it three times, changing the graphics quality and resolution to see if I could break past it. Nothing doing. :(

I have a feeling a redownload/install will be in order. In which case ... how do I keep my saves? Is that done automatically, or do I have to do something with them before I reinstall?

FWIW, I've attached the last crash report. If you guys need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

Well, the weirdest thing just happened.
    I tried to recreate the situation to get a "crash dump" I could provide you.
    Since the crash happened in both quality setting 6 and quality setting 4, I decided to play it again in the higher setting (6).
    After a while, I decided to lower the setting (to 5) as the game was a little "laggy" and, wouldn't you know it, it did not crash during the credits!
    Could quality setting 5 be the key?

• @Will said: Do any of you guys have a crash dump you could supply? that would provide us with a lot of information. Thanks!

Is this what you mean?

• Yeah, that looks right. Thanks Marissa! The more we can get from people the better.

• Adding crash report from my iMac (2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400, OS X 10.6.3)

• Another crash report, from my MacBook Pro (2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, ATI RadeonX1600, OS X 10.6.3).

I was about to post the exact crash moment, but it's the same image that user light_rises posted before.

I might note that in both computers, the first video sequence is very sloppy, audio and video are not in sync. After that, another problem is when the game halts for about 20 seconds just when Sam picks bazooka Max, but it manages to keep running for a short while.

Oh, I forgot to mention. In both computers, I had to start over again, there was no autosaved game.

• I am having lag problems that are so bad, I haven't even had the patience to get to the crash point yet. How do you adjust the quality settings? I'm really rather disappointed...I was so excited to hear Sam and Max was finally on the Mac, and I can't play it yet.

• Here's my crash report.

Matt P.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@mareng9 said: How do you adjust the quality settings?

In the main menu, click on "Help & Settings".
    From the "Subtitles and Help" menu, go right to the "Graphics" menu and lower the graphics quality and/or resolution until the game stops lagging (the game works pretty well for me at quality level 5 with a resolution of 1680x1050).

Add Comment