User Avatar Image

ANSWERED: Q&A with... Steve Purcell!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Yes. This is the awesomest thing.

Creator of Sam and Max and all around awesome guy Steve Purcell will be answering questions ongoing throughout this week! We'll be doing the questions in batches to allow for Steve's busy schedule so there's no official dates or times to speak of.

Have a life altering query? Maybe just a casual inquiry? Questions about Sam and Max, Telltale's games, or the meaning of life can all be posted here and magically answered through the powers of the internet!

WHEE! The first batch has been answered! They start right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15956&page=6

184 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Random? It's what everybody wants to know! Aaand probably noone asked this before because everyone in this forums is adorable-y shy.

• @Falanca said: Random? It's what everybody wants to know! Aaand probably noone asked this before because everyone in this forums is adorable-y shy.

It's true. I wanted, nay...needed to have the question asked. But I was...well, paralyzed. Paralyzed by my need for acceptance. I was so afraid that my radical questioning would irrevocably sever me from the community.

But now I know, I'm not alone.

• I can feel it, a legend has entered this topic. Let's browse back a few pages.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Rather Dashing said: It's true. I wanted, nay...needed to have the question asked. But I was...well, paralyzed. Paralyzed by my need for acceptance. I was so afraid that my radical questioning would irrevocably sever me from the community.

But now I know, I'm not alone.

Dashing, I think we've really made a breakthrough here. It's long been obvious that your vaguely supercilious demeanour is a self-defence mechanism that germinated when your mother stopped breastfeeding before you were ready. It would have developed further during a barren childhood bereft of human kindness, and later, with the realisation that your life would be an unendurable litany of ever-darker days, solidified into an immutable mass of emotional constipation.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say this: we can't bear to think of you crying gently over your morning Cheerios, in one of those rare moments you allow yourself a brief flicker of introspection, when you dare to peer into the gaping abyss of your soul, always wondering but never able to summon the courage to reach out - never able to ask the real, pertinent, life-altering questions, the ones that go to the very root of human existence.

We should all be grateful to Falanca for putting this one out in the open.

• @Falanca said: Did you have long hair when you were a teenager?

Or did you have short hair like all awesome men should?

• I'm starting to feel guilty for calling the question random...

I must apologize.

Sorry Falanca - I shall not question the bravery and awsomeness of your questions again. I hope in time you will forgive me.

• hmm did i miss it.. i only now got access to the thread (darned it)
    I have loaddds of questions for him regarding snm

always wanted to know if he wanted to inject characters from his other artworks into his sam n max realm

say a suda doll sitting on a shelf or a Defenders of Dynatron City poster or something or mag in a rack
    etc

sort of like the mainac mansion painting only in reverse
    (like you telltale is doing with max in every pod or so)

Is there a sam or max hand puppet owned by you?
    Not a sock puppet people ... a real deal..(jeff dunham style)

unrelated (will the nose glasses ever surface from zak mckracken!!! oops sorry digression )

points like the monkey on family guy to jake

• @nikasaur said: We only had time to pick out some of the questions from the mix. If you invent more hours in a day, we'd happily offer more questions to be answered therein.
    But likely, people would just want to watch more TV or something.

Well, that might just answer my fifth question. Now, to figure out a way to move the Earth slightly away from the Sun without causing major environmental damage... Or maybe to maximize it... I guess it will depend on my mood.

• Steve, do you think the humor of Sam&Max has changed since the original comics?

Also,

Can I have a cookie?
    Or maybe a McGuffin?

• @Hungryfreak said: Well, that might just answer my fifth question. Now, to figure out a way to move the Earth slightly away from the Sun without causing major environmental damage... Or maybe to maximize it... I guess it will depend on my mood.

Nope, that'd be a longer year. Making the Earth rotate slower would lengthen days.

Add Comment