User Avatar Image

Things to Do At, Beyond and Below the Straight & Narrow: Penal Zone Did You Try List

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Well, this was done for every chapter of ToMI, so why not Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse. I'm sure most of you have completed The Penal Zone, but there is probably much more in the game that you missed - more jokes, more lines of dialogue, more character actions and reactions that you failed to uncover throughout your first playthrough. However, we all have different minds and play the games differently to each other, so there's bound to be people out there who tried random combinations and wacky experiments and managed to find the things that you missed. Here are mine:

-Shoot at Skun-ka’pe while he’s standing, watching out of the front window of the ship
-Shoot at Skun-ka’pe when he’s getting sucked into the Penal Zone
-Read Sam’s thoughts twice
-Read Skun-ka’pe’s thoughts when he’s getting sucked into the Penal Zone
-Read the alien brain’s mind
-Use future vision on all possible options
-Look at textbooks twice
-Attempt to shoot Stinky
-Attempt to give the demon broth to Skun-ka’pe
-Use jumper cables with gaping hole
-Contemplate Puddin’head Lincoln twice
-Look at moleman construction worker twice
-Giving Momma Bosco back her power core
-Talk to Max while inside the moleman processing chamber
-Use your gun with the gorilla research assistant guarding the entrance to Bosco-Tech
-Use engagement ring with gorilla research assistant guarding the entrance to -Bosco-Tech
-Look at used pizza boxes twice
-Use cell phone with pigeon sitting on trash cans
-Use your gun with the research assistant gorilla guarding the pawshop
-Use the banana peel directly with the research assistant gorilla guarding the pawshop
-Use the banana peel with Max
-Use the banana peel with the manhole (not the manhole cover)
-Use the banana peel with the pizza boxes
-Try to enter the pawnshop a second time
-Talk to Sam while in the Penal Zone
-Attempt to use the Desoto after you escape the Penal Zone
-Use rift generator with Momma Bosco’s power supply
-Attempt to turn on rift generator before putting the homing device on Skun-ka’pe
-Shoot at Skun-ka’pe while he’s standing, watching out of the front window of the ship... again
-Shoot at Skun-ka’pe while he’s getting sucked into the Penal Zone... again
-Speak to Skun-ka’pe twice during the final scene
-Show Skun-ka’pe the paddle toy twice before turning up the heat on the boiler

There are probably much better ones out there than these, so if you found anything interesting, any bonuses throughout the episode, post them here so that we can all try them out on our next playthrough!

135 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • HAVE YOU?
    * Read Max mind after teleporting to Harry's phone. And read the brains mind?
    * Used the power core on the C.O.P.S?
    * Use Future Vision on Sam after getting the toy from the Pawn Shop?

• @puzzlebox said:

EDIT: Upon re-reading, I realise the phrase "sticky Penal Zone" maybe doesn't sound so good... but I'm gonna leave it there anyway. :p

Haha, trust such a remark to come from the same person who made "Brokeback Island".

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@haydenwce27 said: Haha, trust such a remark to come from the same person who made "Brokeback Island".

*blushies*

Haha, I can't believe something is remembered on the Internet for... what, 6 months? I think that's the pinnacle of all I will achieve in life.

• In the prologue you can actually read Sam's thought 3 times -- twice on the lower deck, and once again on the upper deck.

Also, have you:
    - (In the prologue) look at Harry Moleman again after getting the mind-reading cards? (x2)
    - Shot Flint Paper?
    - Tried giving Flint Paper the hard hat before seeing his future?
    - Tried the the Demon Broth on Momma Bosco?
    - Handed Harry the Vacation ticket before knowing about the lottery?
    - Sneaked behind the diner's counter when Girl Stinky is present? (x2)
    - Teleported Jerome (the gorilla that strangles Max) into the mole-processing chamber? (don't bother trying to beam him to the rooftop of Meesa Pizza: it does nothing special)

• @MRN said: Turns out Sybil's made from all things Grandpa Stinky said plus...... LOVE!

Where did you find Sybil?

• MRN probably meant Stinky.

• You can direct Skun-ka'pe's spaceship to blow up lots of things, including the fire hydrant. Pointless but fun.

Add Comment