User Avatar Image

Is just me, or does this sound like a good idea?

posted by Strong Max on - last edited - Viewed by 187 users

I've been thinking about an episodic Telltale game based on real people, not as much as a fictional enviroment. Think of a game about the Beatles perhaps, or Nigahiga going about and solving a mystery rather than created charecters.

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay...

Hmmm, you could have hidden the secret inside a non typical MI riddle. :O)

• How am I going to design a riddle that can be figured out by total strangers but not the people who've known me for over 20 years (and are much, much smarter than should be legal)?

• @Strong Max said: Nigahiga going about and solving a mystery rather than created charecters.

This. He's awesome. If not this, telltale, at least ask him to do a guest voice. of a character with ADHD, for sure!

• @avistew
    Valid point but i think this could work out when you're designing a riddle in a way so that it doesn't relate to personal things and moreover set it up in away that it can be easier solved by a stranger who has a different background. According to the difficulty having this background can easly make the difference between solving a riddle and not. Of course this would need some draft information on the person who should solve the riddle as well.

Or maybe you just write a private message instead. :O)

• @taumel said: @avistew
    Valid point but i think this could work out when you're designing a riddle in a way so that it doesn't relate to personal things and moreover set it up in away that it can be easier solved by a stranger who has a different background. According to the difficulty having this background can easily make the difference between solving a riddle and not. Of course this would need some draft information on the person who should solve the riddle as well.

If it's directed to a single person and I know things about that person that can't easily be found, then sure.
    For a group of person I don't know much about, I'd need to use common knowledge or popular culture, both of which are easily gogglable.

@taumel said: Or maybe you just write a private message instead. :O)

But what if it's them in disguise? :p
    Why were you asking, incidentally?

• @avistew
    There is a difference between googling something up and knowing something for a lifetime. Something which could be very hard to solve via google, can be easydone by someone with that specific background. Obivously you have to design it properly but such things are easier invented than solved so i suspect it's doable.

Well, i'm around here since Sam&Max Season 1 as you somehow can see from the information below the avatar, i guess Lazerschwert for instance could attest that i'm a real german. As for why i'm asking: I just got curious but i'm also fine with west canada as well. I would have guessed more torwards Montreal due to some french relaionship you seem to have. :O)

• @taumel said: @avistew
    There is a difference between googling something up and knowing something for a lifetime. Something which could be very hard to be solved by googling, can be easy to get for someone with such a background. Obviously you have to design it properly but such things are easier invented than solved so i suspect it's doable.

Well if not google, there is still the option of them going randomly in a chatroom and saying "hey guys, I have a riddle, wanna play it?"
    Of course, that's pretty sneaky. I doubt they'd care enough. On the other hand, an unsolved riddle could very well drive them crazy.

I'm actually French, my husband is Canadian (not French Canadian). I know it's confusing, but wait a few years, when we'll be telling people we're French AND Canadian, but not French Canadian (neither of us has the other's citizenship yet).

• Depends on how much effort you invest into personalizing it and as you say how much energy they also put into cracking it.

That you're french also explains the part when you were talking about studying in france, not that there do not exist exchange students but you know.

• from my personal experience, french people are more attractive

• @avistew said: I'm kind of hiding from my parents :p (Long story). If they knew the town they'd be able to find me in a notebook or something and, well probably show up at the doorstep or something.

Um, I hate to say this, but a quick Google search provided me with your city of residence as of October 2009... :eek:

(And no, I'm not the stalking type!)

Add Comment