63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • no, please not.
    i like morgan and i don’t want her to lose her newfound friendship with guybrush. cite:
    “i wold like to go pirate hunting again – present company excluded, of course”

• @flying sheep said: no, please not.
    i like morgan and i don’t want her to lose her newfound friendship with guybrush. cite:
    “i wold like to go pirate hunting again – present company excluded, of course”

When Guybrush greeted her with "Hey, you!".. I was really happy. They finally made peace.

And then wtf with the ending.

It's not that it's not interesting, and I'm glad she's back, it just cheapens her whole redemption arc to have her help with reviving LeChuck. Who killed her!

• To be perfectly fair, I don't think she full comprehends what she's done.

• @Giant Tope said: To be perfectly fair, I don't think she full comprehends what she's done.

Well she has to know that instead of just letting the dude die, she's keeping him around in some sense, right? But it's not just that, it's also that her character development and relationship to Guybrush didn't leave me thinking that she'd abandon him after he sacrifices his life to defeat LeChuck just so she could return to the world of the living. She sacrificed her freedom so he could escape, and then later on just leaves under the assumption that bar a miracle (which is essentially what happened) Guybrush would be trapped in the Crossroads forever! It doesn't add up for me.

• I think It is partly true. Yes Gubrush and LeChuck are sworn enemies, But Elaine always has a back-up plan in every monkey island game (except when you give her the cursed ring in MI3). The ring in ToMI is the curse removing ring from MI3 and lets be honest, Guybrush will always need all the help that he can get (therefor he needs the ring more than Elaine).

I think the Voodoo lady's goals have something to do with the TRUE secret of monkey island. I don't buy the robot-monkey idea from MI4.

I am a bit sad that the island of monkey island was never shown.

• The rewritten text seems pretty reasonable to me.

• @Pryftan said: Morgan, I have no idea what's with that girl. She was on your standard redemptive arc, and I really loved the way her relationship with Guybrush had evolved.. up until that final scene where I really don't understand her in the slightest. Oh well.

Well, it's not her fault. She gave up her independence. (Even though she claimed it was her reputation.)

• @CaptKevinKID said: So very true it makes perfect sense.

What about at the beginning of the game when in the voodoo Lady's hut you see a chest, was that LeChuck's chest with the informass Belt buckle?

Just saw this wasn't answered, and I know it might be a little late. But that chest also called Chest of Foreshadowing, appears in a chapter before chapter 5. It appears in the Sixth Sense part of the sponges Feast of the Senses.

Add Comment