21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jake said: Right stick selects psychic power targets (and phone dialing) in max mode!

    I will add numbers to the mapping screen in the future. I tried it with a 360 pad and a few others with slightly different layouts and the mappings lined up, but putting numbers on them should make it more clear even on more odd controllers. Didn't run into the right stick selection stuff you were seeing. What gamepad are you using?

    Just to confirm, it works absolutely fine with a 360 controller, no mouse or keyboard needed. Sometimes Sam wouldn't move in the direction I was pressing but it wasn't a problem really.

  • @Irishmile said: my Logitech Rumblepad 2 worked really well with everything.....
    on mine the 5 and 6 buttons (L1 and L2) cycled through most everything well.

    Like Jake said the right stick worked perfectly fine in Max-o-vision.

    Wierd, with my Cordless Rumblepad 2 I can't cycle through the teleportation targets - tried every button on it, with and without MODE set...
    I'm running the game on Windows 7 64bit.

  • I am running on Windows 64bit as well... but my rumblepad 2 is corded

  • Dear Telltale,
    For both the gamepad control and the click-and-drag control, you should make use of the analog format to control running/walking speed. Having a "run" button is a bit silly when you're using an analog input that can easily control both direction and severity of movement. Please check out Super Mario 64 for an excellent example.
    Thanks,
    LuigiHann

  • Liked the gamepad controls , would be nice in the future if they could detect xinput controllers (360 and compatible gamepads) and show hints and button layout as they would in their 360 version of games( e.g Blue "X",Yellow "Y",Start, Back ) as newer windows games do.

  • @nissen said: Liked the gamepad controls , would be nice in the future if they could detect xinput controllers (360 and compatible gamepads) and show hints and button layout as they would in their 360 version of games( e.g Blue "X",Yellow "Y",Start, Back ) as newer windows games do.


    I see those in The Devil's Playhouse when I play with a wired 360 controller.

  • @Rather Dashing said: I see those in The Devil's Playhouse when I play with a wired 360 controller.

    ahh cool , must be something wrong with my setup then :P. ( button shows up as 1,2,3,4,5,7 etc on my wireless 360 controller )

  • @nissen said: ahh cool , must be something wrong with my setup then :P. ( button shows up as 1,2,3,4,5,7 etc on my wireless 360 controller )


    Are you using the Microsoft USB adapter for the PC, or a For Windows controller? Because I've used the USB adapter, and the thing provides an experience that is...shoddy, at best.

  • @Rather Dashing said: Are you using the Microsoft USB adapter for the PC, or a For Windows controller? Because I've used the USB adapter, and the thing provides an experience that is...shoddy, at best.

    Using the 360 usb adapter from Ms ( http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/Hardware/Controllers/Pages/XboxWirelessGamingReceiverforWindows.aspx/ )

    Never had a issue with it in games. ( well except that the fuse blows almost before you open the package , but that is fixable :P )

Add Comment