User Avatar Image

Sam et Max en Francais?

posted by queen_of_the_lobsters on - last edited - Viewed by 263 users

To the peeps at Telltale, is there a way I can download a French language and subtitle track for my Sam and Max games? I'll be studying abroad in France next spring, and I want to practice my listening comprehension skills before I go. Since you're games are interactive, it would be much more effective to learn French that way than through French television. Please let me know if I can find a version that I don't have to torrent. My school isn't that torrent friendly.
queen_of_the_lobsters

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You know why there's no french version of sam and max yet. It's because they are almost unknown in europe. Many great things from american pop culture are unknown in europe... And that's very sad.

• @LeBart said: Season 2 never came out in France. You can either wait for Atari (who published the first season here) to do something or hope for a fan made sub, like with ToMI. My guess is a european release is unlikely.

Why ? Season 1 has been translated when the retail version was available. Season's two just recently got released on retail disk, so it seems logical it ain't been localized yet.
    I'm not saying it WILL be localized, but just because it hasn't been yet doesn't mean it won't.

You know why there's no french version of sam and max yet. It's because they are almost unknown in europe. Many great things from american pop culture are unknown in europe... And that's very sad.

While it's true that sam and max aren't widely known over here, i don't think that's the reason. Hit the road got a translation, season one got one too... I don't know how well it sold, but i never thought they might decide not to do the same with season two.

• You could try the Steam versions of the games, but for some reason when I try it, it doesn't register that I've changed the language and still runs in English. You might have more luck though.

• @Shwoo said: You could try the Steam versions of the games, but for some reason when I try it, it doesn't register that I've changed the language and still runs in English. You might have more luck though.

I think it's because they're English only.

• They're not; I know this for sure. Season One isn't, at at least. There's an option in Steam where you can change the language of each individual game, with the only options being languages that are supported, and it works fine on my other Steam games. Just not on Sam & Max 104. I tried it on that one because it was free and I already owned the games.

Maybe it's because I didn't pay anything...?

• @SuperBosco said: You know why there's no french version of sam and max yet. It's because they are almost unknown in europe. Many great things from american pop culture are unknown in europe... And that's very sad.

And still French pop culture, like Alizée, is probably extremely well known in the USA. Um, sorry if I'm not contributing anything useful to this thread folks. She's really hawt though.

• @bamse said: And still French pop culture, like Alizée, is probably extremely well known in the USA. Um, sorry if I'm not contributing anything useful to this thread folks. She's really hawt though.

Meh. I'd rather people like Gainsbourg or Brel or Brassens where better known over there. It seems French-language singers stopped being known in the US around Piaf's time. And that makes a lot of sense, but at the same time they're so much part of the culture...

• Alizée is not known because of her music... :p

@Astro Gnocci said: Why ? Season 1 has been translated when the retail version was available. Season's two just recently got released on retail disk, so it seems logical it ain't been localized yet.
    I'm not saying it WILL be localized, but just because it hasn't been yet doesn't mean it won't.

Oh you're right season 2 is coming out on wii this month ! That's great news, I had lost hope. Does it have french VO though ?

Well now we can hope for a season 3 release around... 2012 ?

• @bamse said: And still French pop culture, like Alizée, is probably extremely well known in the USA. Um, sorry if I'm not contributing anything useful to this thread folks. She's really hawt though.

Meh. How about Daft Punk or Laurent Garnier...

np: The Fall - O.F.Y.C. Showcase (Your Future Our Clutter)

Add Comment