User Avatar Image

We are SO hiring!

posted by nikasaur on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users

Haven't heard the news? Sheesh, we've only been saying it everywhere. If you've ever wanted to work for Telltale, now is the time, because we're hiring! A wealth of undiscovered joys await you in lovely Northern California, as you can share philosophical views on video games with your favorite Telltalers over lunch, or play Contra after hours in the meeting room.

You may even hear Mike Stemmle singing.

Think you got what it takes? Head over to our jobs site and show us whatcha got!
http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/

We are mainly looking for applicants within the U.S. but all resumes will be looked at.

481 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Will said: Work visas are hard.

I agree with this sentiment. It's one of my legal specialties.

@Will said: Do you still need a work visa to come down from Canada? I honestly don't know.

Yes, Canadians need work visas, although there is a special category of work visa available only to Canadians and Mexicans (courtesy of NAFTA) known as a TN visa. Only certain types of jobs qualify for TN visas; the list is here, and you still need a job offer from a US employer before applying for a TN visa at the border.

• @Will said: Just people in the US at the moment. Work visas are hard.

Do you still need a work visa to come down from Canada? I honestly don't know.

Do you try to get the green cards via the state department?

• @Chyron8472 said: Actually the idea of having "skin turned into a book cover" makes me think of the Disney movie Hocus Pocus where the spell book the witches used was bound with human skin. Kinda creepy if you ask me.

Hocus Pocus? Seriously? I would have gone with the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis from the Evil Dead movies, myself. Or even Lovecraft's "original" Necronomicon (though I don't think Lovecraft himself ever depicted it as bound in skin).

Seriously though, if the fictional versions freak you out, you really shouldn't click on this link about the real thing.

• @Will said: Just people in the US at the moment. Work visas are hard.

Do you still need a work visa to come down from Canada? I honestly don't know.

How about European interns :D?

• @avistew said: But I meant more like organ donation, being donated to science, or hell, even being eaten up by wild animals. Just being useful for something, and not just be a huge pile of waste, you know?.

Remember you will be organic waste, like everyone else. That kind of waste always, but ALWAYS get recycled. If you know what I mean.

Anyway, I have my Donor Card here, but the Chilean donor law is so bad, the family STILL has the last word in that kind of moment. The only thing I can do now is keep repeating to my parents and the rest of my family I want all my organ donated and then do whathever they want do to with me. It's only fair in a way.

@avistew said: Just people in the US at the moment.

You are giving me hope. You are not supposed to do that. I think.

Anyway, I think I'll stick with the Green Card Lottery. I want to go to another Country to work anyway eventually. If it's there where you are guys, awesome, but I have the wild idea I'll finish in Australia if I tell that to my mom. I have family here.

Which remain me, maybe I can go to Australia this summer. Ok, you can keep talking about been hired here. Good luck with that.

• @GinnyN said: Remember you will be organic waste, like everyone else. That kind of waste always, but ALWAYS get recycled. If you know what I mean.

Not really... I mean, if you look up how it works, they first fill your body with lots of crap to prevent it from rotting too fast, and then you're locked in a coffin that probably prevents most animal from getting to you, so in the end you're probably really going to waste as much as is possible. Probably not 100% but definitely a lot of it is just no reused very much.

I know people think reusing things are creepy, but I'd much rather say "look, this lamp was made from my aunt's bones" than "we threw my aunt in a big garbage can we call 'grave'" or "we burnt her up". It seems much more respectful to me, both to the person who died and to the whole planet.

• So we can turn avistew in a chair...? A screaming chair? :p

• You guys can be chairs if you want. I'm gonna get myself one of those frozen tubes. They're going to bring me back to life in the future and I'm going to have space adventures.

• Or you'll rot in a frozen grave because the only way to know if that works is to wait a hundred years. We're alll doooomed! DOOOMED!

• I've opted for the donor sticker on my license, and I'm going to look into becoming a full organ donor as well (turns out they're not the same thing exactly). If there's anything left, it'll get a Muslim burial, which means they'd wrap me in a sheet and stick me in the ground on top of the rest of the dead. No embalming or coffins or gravestones.

Add Comment