User Avatar Image

Cosplay

posted by Kibs on - last edited - Viewed by 692 users

So I saw a couple cosplay pictures while looking through the "What do you look like" thread. Anyone else out there a cosplayer, and if so which characters do you cosplay/plan on cosplaying?

General sharing pictures/advice thread go!

Oh, and here's some pictures of my recent costumes:
125282554670sm.jpg?t=1271999725

Sniper from Team Fortress 2

a58d6b2c0cf57c617d3357c2a7f52fe6sm.jpg?t

Scout from Team Fortress 2

deeph05small.jpg?t=1272000038

Haine Rammsteiner from DOGS: Bullets & Carnage

I'm planning on cosplaying Guybrush to PAX 2010 with my buddy Giant Tope as Winslow.

Show me your pics!

83 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kibs said: I used liquid latex to attach those sideburns on when I did Sniper this year

You were the sniper? Awesome cosplay! I worship you.

I keep saying I'll cosplay, but I'm not a great actress and I'm always worried I'll look nothing like the characters I cosplay. Also, males are hard to cosplay when you've got big breasts. I bought a... I forget the nae, a shirt that compresses the breasts, that I found on a FtM site. Well, not only did that hurt a lot, but even when being careful about how I wore it, placed everything under it, etc, I still looked like I was a D cup or something.

I guess I might be able to cosplay fat men :P Or gender-bender versions.

• Now I'm thinking of you as Quina Quen from Final Fantasy 9.

• @Little Writer said: Now I'm thinking of you as Quina Quen from Final Fantasy 9.

If you mean me, my tongue's not nearly that long :P
    Quina's an awesome character though. In the French version it's a female, by the way.

• Really? Didn't they have to change a lot of dialogue for that?

I'm partial to Auron, though my arms are only half his size.

• @Little Writer said: Really? Didn't they have to change a lot of dialogue for that?

I'm partial to Auron, though my arms are only half his size.

Well, they had to change all the dialogue since they needed to translate it all :p
    Lines that are specifically about Quina's ambiguous gender were probably changed into other comments. Quina is weird enough that there is no shortage of that.

It would have been pretty hard to keep it genderless, at any rate, since adjectives take gender in French, meaning that if you say "I'm happy" (or, I guess Quina would say "I happy" lol), "happy" isn't the same word if you're male or female.
    I guess one way they could have done it is to have Quina change gender constantly when talking, using female and male words equally. Then it would have been confusing and one could wonder about his/her gender, I guess.

• Of course, "je suis heureux" versus "je suis heureuse". I always hated that gender stuff in French. I don't care whether it's "le table" or "la table", I'm just glad I don't have to point at stuff or play charades if they're not physically present - which, to be honest, I usually still have to do :o

A fake tongue shouldn't be much of a problem. Convincingly eating whole frogs might, though.

• @Little Writer said: A fake tongue shouldn't be much of a problem. Convincingly eating whole frogs might, though.

Wouldn't that count as cannibalism for me? :p
    I'm sure chocolate frogs could be arranged :D

• All the TF2 cosplay stuff is friggin' awesome, but the red spy is beyond awesome

• I wanna cosplay as a Medic, but CERTAIN PEOPLE say I need to cut my hair for that

• Don't listen 'em to man! You'd also need to dye your hair as well.

Add Comment